Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its a bit late , but i need to know if blue painters tape is harmful to our paint? i got my lightbar and lights put on the roof yesterday and am getting a bit of leaking. I am too tall to fit in the garage now and am thinkin about using the tape and a plastic bag to seal off where i ran the wires to keep the rain we are supposed to get out . any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
i know its a bit late , but i need to know if blue painters tape is harmful to our paint? i got my lightbar and lights put on the roof yesterday and am getting a bit of leaking. I am too tall to fit in the garage now and am thinkin about using the tape and a plastic bag to seal off where i ran the wires to keep the rain we are supposed to get out . any help would be appreciated
Those aren't very strong. You should be fine. You could test it first if want to be safe. Door jam is a good place to test.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am pretty tired, didnt find out it leaked till this evening when i sprayed the truck off. i put some silicone all over the place but i havent gotten to test if that leaks yet . anyways i will just tape it all off to be safe and hit the sack (crosses fingers) thanks for the reply .BTW the new lights are freakin bright !

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Blue painters tape wont stick to well if your FJ is waxed or to the trim if u armor all it. Im sure there must be a painting tape designed for cars.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
More importantly, you need to get you some clear silicone and seal up that hole.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Blue painters tape won't do anything, but I just use the green 3M tape specially for automobiles. You can also use some black silicone to match the paint.:cool:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I also need help. I have just installed the Pro comp 3" lift kit, ARB bumper with winch and BFGs 33",

I went into this shop asking for the OME lift and got talked out of it. I am not happy, feels to hight and a bit front heavy (maybe that will not change with OME) but I am thinking of going back in and replacing immediately with the OME since it is a 2".

My concerns: This is the wifes car, needs to fit in the garage, handleing seems not so great as it was stock.

Does anyone have some advice on the OME lift kit, how does it handle vs. stock, anything else??

Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the repiles everyone. Made it through the nite without any water getting in . I have siliconed the heck out of everything, waiting for it to cure before i leak test again . thanks again :)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I also need help. I have just installed the Pro comp 3" lift kit, ARB bumper with winch and BFGs 33",

I went into this shop asking for the OME lift and got talked out of it. I am not happy, feels to hight and a bit front heavy (maybe that will not change with OME) but I am thinking of going back in and replacing immediately with the OME since it is a 2".

My concerns: This is the wifes car, needs to fit in the garage, handleing seems not so great as it was stock.

Does anyone have some advice on the OME lift kit, how does it handle vs. stock, anything else??

Thanks
Sounds like you need heavier duty front shocks/springs. I'm not familiar with Procomp setup. You should post this in suspension forum so more people will see it.

Thanks for all the repiles everyone. Made it through the nite without any water getting in . I have siliconed the heck out of everything, waiting for it to cure before i leak test again . thanks again :)
Glad it stayed dry. Happy to help. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts