Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I just installed the All-pro Ultimates, I like that they don't need any babying.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I you get the all pro links, you might want to get the pro links because the others squeek a little. Otherwise, just go with the DR links.:rocker:
For $700 :jawdrop: I repeat, $700 :jawdrop: NEVER!

I met a rep and one of their head sales guys at the Off-Road Expo a couple of weeks ago. They had a link there to look at. Ya it was nice, but not 700 bucks worth. The rep said he'd give me a show special, and do it for $650. You should've seen the evil eye from the sales guy. No way, no show special. That's okay though, $650 was still too much. Maybe not too much for those, if that's what you want, but way more than I'm willing to spend.

K

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
The more reasonably priced LCAs would be the All Pro links, which is what some people prefer. :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The more reasonably priced LCAs would be the All Pro links, which is what some people prefer. :D

Sorry if that sounded a little harsh, wasn't meant that way. I really just want something that is not adjustable, with no heim or johnny joint, and does not have to be greased. I just want to install it, and forget about it.

Thanks to you, and everyone for their input, although I still haven't decided which ones I want :lol:

K

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Sorry if that sounded a little harsh, wasn't meant that way. I really just want something that is not adjustable, with no heim or johnny joint, and does not have to be greased. I just want to install it, and forget about it.

Thanks to you, and everyone for their input, although I still haven't decided which ones I want :lol:

K
The idea of taking the old ones, removing the end mounts, and welding those to thick square tubing sounds like a cheap, awesome alternative. I may see about a local 4x4 custom fab shop doing this and see how much they would charge. Maybe get them to powder coat it blue as well!

·
Registered
876 Posts
A few weeks ago when I was at ToyTec they showed me some LCA guards they had for 4-runners that weld onto the factory LCAs. They are in the process of making them for the FJs. They seemed and felt very stout, if the price stays the same as the 4-runner guards (about 1/3 the cost of Man-a-Fre's FJ LCAs) it will be nice option. Not sure when they will be offered though.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks everybody for the opinions, thoughts, suggestions, and actual experiences with some of these. I went with the All-Pro Ultimates. Talked with JonB to order, good guy. And, even better, they're shipping today!!

Kathie

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Good choice.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts