Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in SW Austin and I'm looking for someone to help install my new Demello Bumper and Toytec lift with UCA's. I haven't found any installers, only 4 wheel parts in north austin. Anyone availiable in Austin?

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
We may have a wrench day soon, what lift did you get? If you need a spring compressor I recommend Chuck at Austin Alignments and Brakes on Burnet road. He is honest and reasonably priced and he can do the alignment after install. If you are swapping coil-overs we can nock it out pretty quickly in the driveway.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
There's a place on 620 west of 183 called kurts autowurks. They do good work and give the FJ community a discount. Pm me if you need further info. Not sure when the next wrench day will be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Toytec Ultimate lift with front coilovers, front differential drop spacers, rear springs and shocks, and Light Racing uca's (The coilovers are assembled and pre-set to 2.5", no spring compressor required). I also got a new Demello 3 hoop front bumper, but it hasn't shipped yet. I don't have the tools or feel secure enough to tackle this on my own. The UCA's scare me the most...

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
All of that is easy to install just takes a little time. The bumper is easy, but it's just heavy. Digger and I swapped my lift out in 1 Hr. and 40 minutes and that was without air tools. A build day could easily knock that out.

BTW. Why the diff spacers with the 2.5 coils?

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Good deal on the coil overs and Cash is right, diff drop kit is not necessary for your lift. Install will be easy, lets try and put something together to get it installed. We did Jeff's front and back in 3 hours so it looks like we have to bring that time down a bit...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a bunch guys for all your willingness to help.. I talked to a buddy of mine today and we are going to tackle it on Monday of next week. I can't wait! I'm almost finished with painting my stock alloys black, one more wheel left. Hopefully the Demello 3 hoop will arrive soon. I'll be ready for some fun in Marble Falls in February. I know I'm going to most likely scratch my newly painted wheels, but what good is a FJ without a few dings and scrapes?

As for the front diff drop, I was told I will need it if I adjust to the full 3" in front????

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Naaa you will be fine without the diff drop but for the price...whatever.

Call Jason...or front hum up on Facebook and ask him when your bumper is going to ship so you know fo sho!

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
The diff drop doesn't work with several of the skids out there. That is one reason I don't have one(I'm running the DeMello front skid). I went from Rough Country spacers to Old Man Emu Mediums with Toytech leveling spacers to make up for the extra weight. The coilovers were 1/4 inch longer with the stock springs and spacers than with my current setup(compaired side by side). What I'm trying to say is that I ran 2 years with the spacer front lift that put the CVs at a worse angle at full drop and never had a problem. You will be fine without it. That being said the next time I wheel I will blow a CV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts