Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Rubi and my owner made reservations for the '08 FJSummit before he owned me, maybe before I was born.

Now, I'm stuck with him putting me in a kennel for weeks at a time while he takes his other "kids" on an epic, cross-country trip to Rubicon, Moab and Ouray.

Why you ask, why put such an adorable, loving and great companion like me in a kennel for all this time, because the bonehead made reservations where I'm not allowed to stay.

PLEEEEAAAASE help me out, I want to go. He said that I can go to Rubicon, Moab but Ouray is out of the question unless one of you great FJCruiserforum members can find it in your heart to allow me to stay with you during the night at the FJSummit.

I promise to be potty-trained, not bark at night or chew up any of your valuables, or at least, I'll try my best. I am going to be almost 6 months old by then, so I guess I'm still a "teen-ager" in "human years".

If you can find it in your heart to help me out, I'll try to find it in mine to forgive my bonehead owner and not chew on his Wet Okole seats on the drive out there.

Please PM my owner if you can help out. Thanks, Rubi

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I think the picture of you chewing on the backpack may have sealed your fate. Good luck!!

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
OMG he's gorgeous! What is he? Yes, a dog, I know.....but what kind? Do they allow pets at the Box Canyon?

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
OMG he's gorgeous! What is he? Yes, a dog, I know.....but what kind? Do they allow pets at the Box Canyon?
No pets at the Box Canyon. And no, he can't stay in the apartment either. :lol:

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
I'll bring my big purse. We'll stuff him in it. They'll never notice. :worried:

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She is a Tibetan Mastiff, a very rare breed that has just been officially recognized by the American Kennel Club in '07. Her daddy is the #1 Tibetan Mastiff in the country, weighing in at 145 lbs, mom is 120 lbs.

Thanks to those that offered up housing. I really appreciate opening up to help us out...

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
She is a Tibetan Mastiff, a very rare breed that has just been officially recognized by the American Kennel Club in '07. Her daddy is the #1 Tibetan Mastiff in the country, weighing in at 145 lbs, mom is 120 lbs.

Thanks to those that offered up housing. I really appreciate opening up to help us out...
Damn! I got alot of crap in my purse but it ain't that big!

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Looks like we'll have "The Lemonade Room" and maybe "The Rubi Room" at the summit this year.

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Hope to see Rubi at the summit.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I wonder if there is a kennel or service in Ouray that you could board the dog in the evening? I just googled "ouray kennel" and got quite a few hits. With a little research you might find a place? :D

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wonder if there is a kennel or service in Ouray that you could board the dog in the evening? I just googled "ouray kennel" and got quite a few hits. With a little research you might find a place? :D
I did the same but I guess I was being cheap, not having to pay other than hospitality and adult beverages to whomever helps us out...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
We might be able to help. We are camping in a tent trailer. We have a Border collie / German Shepard mix who is about 4 years old. He is a good dog but has to be dominate dog. He is normally very good with puppies. He might actually like someone to play with. Then the board kennel could be your backup plan.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We might be able to help. We are camping in a tent trailer. We have a Border collie / German Shepard mix who is about 4 years old. He is a good dog but has to be dominate dog. He is normally very good with puppies. He might actually like someone to play with. Then the board kennel could be your backup plan.
Thanks for the offer. Right now, she lives with a domineering "b!tch" and has learned to keep her distance if she pushes things too much. She is very well socialized and one of the main reasons I want to bring her along, to keep her that way. She will be a big dog and they are breed to protect the Monasteries in Tibet, thus the reasoning to keep her well socialized.

At this point, the forum members have been very generous with their offers and I appreciate another just in case things get desperate...

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Thanks for the offer. Right now, she lives with a domineering "b!tch" and has learned to keep her distance if she pushes things too much. She is very well socialized and one of the main reasons I want to bring her along, to keep her that way. She will be a big dog and they are breed to protect the Monasteries in Tibet, thus the reasoning to keep her well socialized.

At this point, the forum members have been very generous with their offers and I appreciate another just in case things get desperate...
I was reading about the breed on the AKC site. It also stated that they "bond" to their people, may be protective. I wish more people showed the responsibility that you do!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Rubi - we had a meeting yesterday and you were brought up in conversation. Yes here in CO and you are famous already...;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts