Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Now that my windshield trim issues are sorted, the wife and I got another surprise today when one of our plastic panels on the driver's side (near the cowl) flew off.

We tried to recover it but it had been run over so many times it looked like a pancake.

Can someone please help me identify the correct part number for this piece? I've tired searching PureFJ and Toyota of Dallas but I wouldn't even know what to call it.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Andy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,223 Posts
I think you go body, cowl, and then #16  or #17 depending on left or right. They show $35. They come in a black primer and you'll need to paint them the color you need.

·
Registered
881 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Whenever you remove one of those panels get new clips... Engineers must have spent thousands of hours designing them as they are the best of the one time use clips......:|

·
Registered
6 Posts
Somehow one of the clips that helps to hold in place the panel you're missing in your pic came off of my passenger side; the panel is still in place on my FJ but I can jiggle it around. These diagrams could be better, but I think it's #5 in this one: https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...omponents-scat

Is it possible to do this as a DIY? Dealership mentioned something about having to take other panels off in order to replace the clip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts