17'' or 18''

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha im a new owner of 2010 Fj cruiser!

I have a question about offset and backspace measurements
so i came across with this wheels Called "Fuel Anza" and i wanted to buy a set of 18x9 but i was skeptical about the off set and Bspace I have a 3'' lift btw and im planing to wrap it with 285/65/r18 Nitto Terra Grapler

18X9 6x139.7 offset:1 Back space:5 you guys think it will rub on my suspension or is it good to go?? if you have any better Opinion Please say so like what Wheels/Brand/offset&Backspace with 3 inch lift. i just need something to fill up the gap of my bushwhackers :grin P.S do i need to buy spacers if i have after market wheels? Mahalo:armed:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The stock backspace on the FJ wheels is 4.84". Generally speaking if you go with a larger tire that potentially has more sidewall bulge than the OEM tires, you want to go with lower backspacing than stock 4.84"...such as 4.5" or 4.0". Now as you move to a lower backspacing, this can move your tires/wheels outward from stock position, which also can present some problems in that when you turn your wheels, the outer corner of the tires can contact the mudflap or body mount (hence need for body mount chop in some cases).

My vote for wheel size....16" or 17"...18" doesnt have enough sidewall meat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts