Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2007 4X4 FJ Cruiser with 37,000 miles and the following options: Front side airbags in addition to the standard front and curtain airbags, Rear locking differential, tow hitch and roof rack. The price is listed as $20,775 which seems high to me. They don't seem willing to budge on the price so I may be out of luck. However, the FJ's here in North Carolina have disappeared. I wish I had bought a month ago and gotten a new one. It's a Toyota Certified Used vehicle, if that makes any difference. Does this seem like a fair price? Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
I'm looking at a 2007 4X4 FJ Cruiser with 37,000 miles and the following options: Front side airbags in addition to the standard front and curtain airbags, Rear locking differential, tow hitch and roof rack. The price is listed as $20,775 which seems high to me. They don't seem willing to budge on the price so I may be out of luck. However, the FJ's here in North Carolina have disappeared. I wish I had bought a month ago and gotten a new one. It's a Toyota Certified Used vehicle, if that makes any difference. Does this seem like a fair price? Thanks for your help!
IMHO, that price is high and I would offer them 15K and just see what they say. Since you are in the SouthEast Toyota region, like myself, there are still a few '08's left that you can get a great deal on, but you need to hurry. As of today, there are only 26 left. I don't know how much you can afford to spend, but I am sure Toyota would work a good deal for you on one of these remaining '08's. Plus you would have a brand new one and not a used one, to boot! Just FYI.............they have a couple of 4X2's at a MSRP of only $26,020, but I know you can get them a good amount lower than that.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I'm assuming it is 4wd right? well it seems like a fair price to me and also to KBB. Check this website http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?YearId=2007&VehicleClass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=49&Condition=Excellent&ModelId=915&PriceType=Retail&VehicleId=84304&Mileage=37000&SelectionHistory=84304|30274|32608|0|0|

·
Registered
19 Posts
That seems a little high. Even if its is a 4wd. I am getting a brand new 08 2WD for 21500. Having a hassle getting it though, supplies limited. I am in NC also. They suppose to get it from FL. Been over a week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I still haven't bought yet. I'm now looking at a used 2008 4X4 Automatic Voodoo Blue Fj with 15,000 miles. It has ATRAC, Rear lock Diff, running boards, hitch and alloy wheels. They're asking $22,490. I might be able to get them down to $22,000 but they don't seem to be willing to budge much more. How does that sound? Thanks again for the help. I don't mind the dealer making a profit but I want to make sure I'm getting a fair price.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'd stick to 22k and walk away. I know around me the Toyo dealers are desperate. I have 4 co-workers that bought Toyos this past year and got some great deals. Granted I'm not sure about the FJ as the dealers around me either do not have any or only have 1 on the lot. A co-worker of mine who just got a Tacoma at a steal told me the sales guy at the dealer he went to told him that the FJ is the worst seller and they won't bring one in unless needed. They don't even bring in many pickups for that matter. Hence why he got a deal on his 2009 Tacoma. They will play it off like they can not and will not do it but he told me after much emailing and a walk out in person they called him and caved. He said the dealership he went to even said they were doing bad in sales and had to let 10 people go. Its just not a good time for anyone I guess.

I've been reading there are a lot of deals on the FJ and man when I bought mine there were NO deals NO nothing, sticker price. Its crazy how much things have changed.

Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you are interested in a used FJ, I am selling mine. Purchased in Aug of 06. It is a Black Diamond 4x4 fully loaded, trailer hitch, XM Radio and about 28,000 miles. Looking to sell it for about 19,000. I am located in Cornelius, NC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input. FJinLA, I sent you a private message. My email address is [email protected]. I have pretty much decided to wait until the fall at least unless something comes along. Thanks again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Waite Toyota in Watertown NY has 1 2009, 1 2008 , and 1 used 07. They will hook you up if you travel up there. 08 is Sandstorm pretty loaded.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
I think its priced too high. I know things vary from region to region, but I picked up a new 08 for 24. When I was looking(back in late nov.) there was a used one here locally (salt lake) with 6k on it and they were asking 20. I would have jumped on that but it was an auto, and I had my heart set on a manual. Keep looking you'll find something. Pay close attention to the build date too as some early build 07's have had some rear diff problems.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It is a little high but let me explain.
I bought mine used about 6 months ago.
The first place I went to had basically what you listed without the rack & listed at $21k. After a week or so of work, I wound up getting all the above down to $18k with the roof rack & nerf bars thrown in.

During that time I went shopping around & I was miserably surprised to find what a hard line most of the places were drawing on their price and this was when gas prices were at a high. I didn't find a deal even close to what I was getting. Most places had models of the same year with about 10-15k less miles but were hard at $20-21k with NO extras thrown in. Some were certified used, mine was not but I got a really good deal on the extended warranty so I took it.

So yes, it is a little high but its not terribly out of going range. If anything out there is like what is happening by me, deals are just hard to come by with these right now.

So my advice to you is BE PATIENT. It sucks to wait but the right deal will come along.

Also, if you are trading in, don't let them know until you are almost ready to start signing papers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts