Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 Wheel parts is have a sale on sway-a-way race runner coilovers right now, and i'm trying to decide if i should go with the 2.0, or the 2.5 system. Both will can be adjusted from 0" to 3.5" in height, but the 2.5 has a heavier spring rate than the 2.0. My guess is that its made for winch bumpers to compensate for the added weight. Since gas is getting (IS) outragouse, i don't think i'll be taking an extra 200 pounds on the front of my rig anytime soon.
So my question is can anyone shed some light on this? Curious to hear from people that have either the 2.0, or 2.5 systems. Did a search and it really didn't reveal anthing.

·
Registered
211 Posts
OK, I must be having a senior moment. I can't find race runner on 4wheelparts site....can you provide a link please?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
same shocks as i plan on buying bigger is always better! hope someone chimes in with some good info

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, the onlyinfo i could really findis on race Runners web site, but i can't make anything out of it.

SWAY-A-WAY - axles, torsion bars, and shocks for trucks, cars, and off-road vehicles - Suspension Kits

With the 2.5 have a 700 spring rate, i'm sure the ride will be a bite harder over the bumps, but i don't mind a bite of a stiffer ride since the truck is lifted. I have a revteck spacer lift right now, and the one thing i would like to avoid is that "kick back" that a really stiff suspention gives you when you go over speed bumps, or more importantly, rocky trails. To be honest, my rig sees alot more pavment than trails, but i just want to do this right this time around. I really hope somone can shed some light on this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered the whole kit at Metaltech with Total Choas UCA's it is the 2.5" with 700lbs springs. The 650lbs on the 2.0" are for the Tacoma but the 2.5" system is for the FJ only.
I hope to have it on soon waiting on UPS. Mark at metaltech is a great help, just this call him but even if you dont put nothing up front on your FJ just set the preload for none. i.e. the ring at the top of the coilover should have about .250" preload for bumper and .300 for bumper and winch just leave yours at .000". I hope this helps.:cheers:

·
Registered
876 Posts
I ordered the whole kit at Metaltech with Total Choas UCA's it is the 2.5" with 700lbs springs. The 650lbs on the 2.0" are for the Tacoma but the 2.5" system is for the FJ only.
I hope to have it on soon waiting on UPS. Mark at metaltech is a great help, just this call him but even if you dont put nothing up front on your FJ just set the preload for none. i.e. the ring at the top of the coilover should have about .250" preload for bumper and .300 for bumper and winch just leave yours at .000". I hope this helps.:cheers:
Same here, and love the front setup. Haven't added anything else up front, so otherwise stock in form and weight and don't have any issues with them - GO FOR IT!

A.W.D.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
IMO bigger is better if you plan on any serious offroading. If it is mainly a DD that sees limited trail use, 2.0 should be fine. I went with OME and just upgraded to the ICON setup. Haven't put them on yet as I'm waiting for the new Remote Res. rear shocks to be released.

·
Premium Member
17,095 Posts
I have gone with the SWAY-A-WAY Race Runner 2.5 coilovers and they are great. I have had them on for 9 months now and no problems. Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts