Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to an unfortunate accident, I am rebuilding the front end of my '07 FJ. :crying

Ordered Spyder Headlights
Spyder Auto | Toyota FJ Cruiser projector headlight

I don't want the halogen headlights always on (HIGH/LO & DRL). I want the DRL's to be the LED "U" but it appears that this is to be wired into the yellow turn/parking lights, that only come on when using the switch to turn the headlights on. The halogen projector headlights wire directly into the existing headlight wiring harness (plug and play). The LED "U" has its own wiring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If there is already a thread or posts about this, I'm sorry I couldn't find what I was looking for. Please point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I believe you could use the ground from the DRL’s. And wire the halo’s hot from a switched positive with a relay
And achieve what you want to do

The DRL ground is a plug at the front driver side headlight behind the grill

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a question related to this particular model of headlights you bought. Does it appear that you can swap the main halogen bulb in the projector housing? Or is it a sealed system?

I bought a set of tail lights from this same manufacturer, good stuff.

To your first question, i was considering splicing the U-shaped halo into the running/marker lights, but i'm not sure if they would wink/blink with the turn signal... I also HATE cutting up factory wiring harnesses. I'm debating it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Super late post but I have these headlights. I just spliced the "U" DRL into the marker lights. Those lights have two leads going to them- one is for when all your lights are on and the other is from the blinker relay- obviously don't spice into the blinker line (I figured it out with a multimeter). Overall I have really liked the look of these lights- maybe slightly better light output than stock but still far from mindblowing. I have however just had an issue develop after a year and change of use where one light is stuck in the highbeam setting, and the other switches between normal operation and being out until the highbeams are switched on too. Not ideal.... I'll try to update later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts