Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the RS3200 kit in a 2011 yet? There appears to be wiring changes in the 2011 that make the most recent instructions I have been able to find invalid.

Im installing part number PT398-35080 from TRDParts4U, which have it marked as 2011 compatible. The most up to date install instructions I have been able to find are - http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PT398-35080inst.pdf

Everything goes as expected in the instructions until page 10. The 20pin white connector that I'm instructed to plug into in step (o) just doesn't seem to be there. Instructions seem to indicate the unused 20pin would just be hanging there, but Ive spent an hour looking in every corner of the center console and see nothing that looks right.

I'm also finding that the instructions picture of the noise filter appears to be nothing like what I'm seeing. There is a much larger box that looks like a hard drive where I would expect the noise filter to be. Rest of the install went as expected per the instructions.

Im not very concerned about the noise filter, but without the 20pin plug the RS3200 appears to be dead in the water.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.

I think I have this narrowed down to the following-

1. 2011 FJ wiring harnesses are different, and the RS3200 I bought wont work.
2. RS3200 will work fine on a 2011 but I need updated 2011 install instructions. (Which Im hoping you can supply)
3. Somehow Im an idiot and missed the connection I need. I did see a grey connection that looked right, plugged into a socket high up on the center console, approx where the AC controls would be, but it didn't seem to fit, and the instructions clearly stated it should be a white connector.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
That 20P connector is plugged somewhere, it`s not dangling up in the air if i remember correctly. I did the install about a year ago.. and don`t really remember all the steps. I think they missed the step where you need to unplug 20P connector from something which i don`t remember what lol and plug RS3200 P20 WHITE Harness between the that something and vehicle P20. I think i got stuck at the same place when i installed it haha.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
They are identical to 2008.. so no help there. Ok, if i am remembering it right...
Look at page 2, see sector E? That`s where you connect V5 harness plug 20P WHITE between vehicle harness and i believe it goes to one of those A/C or airflow controls...kill me now, but i don`t remember which one lol.. I can`t take panel apart and look right now. But i think that is where it goes.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, plugged into the AC wire 20pin and made progress! Alarm now does sound when the door is opened!

Glass Break Sensor doesn't seem to be working. I have it cranked to 10 out of 11.

Also Manual indicated that there should be a flashing red light above the glass breakage microphone when armed.

I can live with this if need be, but would be nice to get it all up and running correctly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I can add my 2 cents here.... I installed the RS3200 alarm system on my 2011 FJ this weekend.
There is one difference between the 2011 and the 2008 to 2010 and it has to do with the stereo. I have the JBL sound system because of the upgrade package.
There is no noise filter to remove and share the mounting holes with for the GBS control module.
You can put the lower mount of the GBS bracket over the plastic alignment stud but there is no screw with the kit. (the instructions say to share the screw from the noise filter.) The top of the GBS mount ends up behind a bracket for some box made by Panasonic. I think that it is a digital converter for the USB plug and possibly the satellite radio. I ended up securing the mounts together using a cable tie/tywrap. The top of the bracket ends up in a very difficult place and I did not want it to rattle.
All of the other connectors are the same and I am glad that I read the previous posts on this thread, as it did help me when it came to the white plug that plugs into the back of the heater/AC panel.
The install was a success and passed all of the tests.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I just finished my install on my '11. 3hrs at a very leisurely pace. I have the standard stereo, and it was the same as described above. The Mic I received also does not have an led on it. I believe the ignition security light thingamajigger serves that same purpose. Overall, a very easy kit to put together. Thanks for everyone's input, it helped clear up the slight differences in the instructions.

:cheers:

BTW, I set gbs to 6 and it doesn't appear to be sensing as described in the manual. No time to fool with it today. Any progress on that with you guys?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Ok, plugged into the AC wire 20pin and made progress! Alarm now does sound when the door is opened!

Glass Break Sensor doesn't seem to be working. I have it cranked to 10 out of 11.

Also Manual indicated that there should be a flashing red light above the glass breakage microphone when armed.

I can live with this if need be, but would be nice to get it all up and running correctly.
Interesting. My VIP only has the Sonar disable switch (center console bottom right). It does not have a breakage microphone (at least that I can see) and no flashing red light. Albeit, mine is installed in a 2007.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
How are you guys attempting to "test" your glass break sensor?!?! I install glass breaks for home alarms and the only way to test them(short of breaking a piece of glass) is to use a special tester that is sold by the manufacturer. I doubt you guys are smashing your windows out as a test so there is no way you can say it's not working.

I have the VIP alarm in my '07 but it has the sonar/motion sensor in the ceiling which is a really cool way to do it b/c I can leave the windows open and still be protected. Easy to test too, lock the truck then try reaching through the windows!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts