Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting my headers put in, I have a P0606 code. Its turning on all my traction control lights. The truck seems to drive fine.

From what I've read, it has to do with a deviation in voltage from one of the two ecm's to the throttle actuator valve. Of course, the section I need for troubleshoot/diagnosis/repair wasn't in the manual I downloaded.

Anyone have this section of the repair manual? Any idea what to look for?

Everyone I've talked to said that the headers shouldn't trip this code. I didn't disconnect the battery during the install, and I had problems with the passenger front O2 sensor connector. I don't think they have anything to do with my problem, but just thought I would give you guys all the info I had.

Also, just before the install, I washed my truck pretty thoroughly in a pressure washer to get a bunch of mud off.

Ideas/hints?

-Justin

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I believe the code is for a PCM fault. PCM is the powertrain control module. My guess is you knocked off/damaged a connector/wire somewhere on the tranny.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you think its something on the transmission? Anything in particular I should look for?

I should also mention that I disconnected the battery, and left it unhooked for about 30 minutes. I reconnected it, and all the codes were gone. About 60 miles later, the code for my catalytic converters came on (expected) but about a second later, all the other lights for the P0606 came on. I thought they were related, but I guess not.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
you think its something on the transmission? Anything in particular I should look for?

I should also mention that I disconnected the battery, and left it unhooked for about 30 minutes. I reconnected it, and all the codes were gone. About 60 miles later, the code for my catalytic converters came on (expected) but about a second later, all the other lights for the P0606 came on. I thought they were related, but I guess not.
Has the code actually been read by a code scanner?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, from what I've read, unplugging one of the traction control connectors could set the P0606 because it lost voltage to that computer. Apparently disconnecting the battery wont reset that code since its a "hard code" or something. My O2 sim should be shipping this week. Once that is installed, I will have all my codes reset, and cross the fingers!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Bringing all thread back...

I have the similar code - P0606.
I had my O2 code (P0420) for a few month. I was setting if every time it appeared. Then P0606 came.
I also had my ABS wire snapped on rear axle which triggered ABS codes. Wire is fixed now and codes were cleaned.
Ordered URD O2 to help resolve the P0420 issue.
I hope it will help with P0606 too.

Any long term reports available? Racer001...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have also p606 code after erasing several times p420 error .
I'm wondering if I could swap the sensors from bank1 to bank2 to check if it's a catalyst problem or sensor problem
any thoughts ?
thnx

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was having the dreaded P0606 code
meaning I need a new ECM ?
This was coming back after reset, sometimes right away, and sometimes within a day or so.
2007 FJ with 264000 km on it.
Looked at all grounding locations for ECM one at a time over a few days.
four on back of engine block in two locations. Called B1,B2,B3 and B4.
two in the side kick plates driver and passenger side. Called E1 and E2 I think.
and then A1 and A2 under the hood, driver and passenger sides.

Finally found the ground strap from the negative battery post and the driver side fender location A1, which looked good, but on closer inspection was corroded with the greenish tinge.
Cleaned up crimped cable tag,(ground eyelet) and cleaned and sanded off bolt location on fender.
problem solved.
No more errors after a couple of weeks
Check you grounds, and look for voltage drops on wires, not just resistance or continuity.

Just FYI

·
Registered
444 Posts
I find the best way to avoid that ECM error is to not leave the scantool in the obdii port indefinitely. Lots of people drive around with a bluetooth scanner plugged in for telemetry. The computer will reset in a day or so after removing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts