Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am officially in brain fart mode and I flat out can not decide what to do with my next mod. I currently have 3inch rough country lift, flowmaster exhaust, PIAA lights, and new wheels/tires. Ive got an extra 400 bucks or so burning a whole in my wallet, and I have decided since I cant make up my mind, I will let my fellow fj'ers do it for me!! So whats it gonna be? Black roof? Demello sliders? CAI?? Or is there something that I am totally missing? I dont do any heavy wheeling, yet, just light trails, and the hardest thing my fj has to do every week is pull my bass boat to the lake..
PS... Ive gotta say, this is by far the best website/forum in the world!! The info I have gained in the short time I have been here is amazing, and I can only hope to someday contribute to other new members, once I am an fj "veteran" :cheers:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Sliders! without a doubt!

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Recovery equipment. Hi-Lift X-Treme jack (60") and mounts, Hi-Lift Off Road Kit (has all sorts of nifty add-ons for the jack), good quality recovery strap (maybe ARB) and 4 3/4 WWL shackels (2).

Seriously, think about this. Do you want to be "that guy" with the lifted and modded truck who gets stuck and has to rely on on somebody ELSE to save their sorry a$$? :huh:

Get some pratice with it and you'll find the stuff is fun and very usefull.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You could get set up for quick and effective after-trail detailing. Get a decent power washer and ramps to facilitate cleaning the undercarriage, waxes, buffers, sponges, soaps, cleaners, towels maybe a new shop vac. Organize it real nice in the garage next to the Salvation Army beer fridge you just bought and stocked with a variety of fine ales needed to accompany detail work.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'd say get the sliders or better yet, save those $400 and save enough for an after-market bumper.

To me painting the roof is erasing the uniqueness and legend of the FJ.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Recovery equipment. Hi-Lift X-Treme jack (60") and mounts, Hi-Lift Off Road Kit (has all sorts of nifty add-ons for the jack), good quality recovery strap (maybe ARB) and 4 3/4 WWL shackels (2).

Seriously, think about this. Do you want to be "that guy" with the lifted and modded truck who gets stuck and has to rely on on somebody ELSE to save their sorry a$$? :huh:

Get some pratice with it and you'll find the stuff is fun and very usefull.
Very good points here. I didn't think about. So I would say yes, either the sliders or the recovery equipment.

Good call Apex

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,939 Posts
there are those sliders in the WTS section for 150 if you are in Cali.

·
Registered
7 Posts
all right this is exactly what you need to do. take that money and get a new intake. it increases hp and torque so pulling that boat will be even easier than i already is for the FJ. i pull huge trailers (ie. tractors, boats, my buddies mud toys after they break it. lol) all the time and had no problems, then i got a new intake and it felt like i didnt even have a trailer back there. and the price is right up your alley. even if you dont care about the trailer thing then it still makes the FJC even more awesome.... haha raced my buddies riceburner and beat him by a full second.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would have to suggest Lower Control Arm All-Pro makes a nice set for $259.00 which solves the FJ's weak link and it's only weak link

·
Registered
671 Posts
X2 on the recovery gear. With $400, you could get a set of sliders as well as a few of the things apexpasher mentioned. You can do wonders with a recovery strap and a few shackles. If you're not offroading much I would wait on the highlift, but it is a tool that you can use to lift and winch when needed. Without sliders though or jackpoints such as those on aftermarket bumpers you are limited as to how you can use the highlift. The sliders are an easy mod you can intall yourself also. It's a good inexpensive start. Lots out there to choose from.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Once again, great info from everyone and I really appreciate the opinions. I think I've narrowed it down to either the sliders or CAI. Or then again, another option is to work a TON of overtime and just buy everything!! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts