Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser 6MT Sunfusion
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone out there could take a few minutes to take a measurement of the distance between the rear edge of the OEM map light and the front edge of the dome light on the 2009-2011 FJ, I would really appreciate it.

I know this info has been discussed before, but the measurements listed and photos never seem to be consistent. I really only want to cut 1 hole in my headliner and have it be in the exact OEM spot like the 2009-2011 models.

Thanks,
Bibb in San Antonio

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Someone please take a minute,I could really use the measurement if possible today.

Thanks,
Bibb in San Antonio

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bump. Someone please take a minute,I could really use the measurement if possible today.

Thanks,
Bibb in San Antonio
Hey Bibb,
If nobody posts it, you may consider just going down to the dealership and taking the measurements. I know it's more of a pain, but at least you'll have the info ur looking for. I'd do it if I had them, sorry man. Good luck on getting it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I will get you the info requested when I get off work tonight if no one else does. It will be about 7:30 cst before I get home.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I just went to a dealer and got the measurement although it took a little pleading. No joke, the guy says "if you buy that FJ, you can take all the measurements you want". Great first impression. It was obvious that I already had one since he saw me get out of mine. The distance is 25" between the rear edge of the map light and the front edge of the dome light.

Bibb in San Antonio

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Please post pics of your install when complete.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If it helps I had the same curious question and it was about 12" from the rear view mirror mount to the front edge of the map light. Hope the two measurements add up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts