Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Did I know my FJ Cruiser automatically locks with the keys in the ignition? I did not! Unfortunately my purse, phone and 2 dogs were locked inside in over 100 degree heat. Had no choice but to break the window. Now I've been quoted a price of over $650. to replace and it will take 2 weeks to special order. Where do I get a replacement window? How much should it cost? Can I replace it myself?.... it appears to be just siliconized in. Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Perhaps in Belize glass is very scarce..........

But $650? Is that $650 (US)? Heck I'd do it for $500. You need to shop around a bit, or leave that place.

Jerry

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
My truck was vandalized last night...they smashed in the same window.

I called around and had Sun Toyota order the tinted glass for $124 I'm searching around to see how to replace it.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
I have a spare driver side privacy half door glass. I bought it a few years ago to figure out a possible way to use stock windows to make what freedom windows now offers.

Replacement is easy. Remove all old glass, clean all silicon. Use new window silicon and apply around area where window is to be installed. Line up pins attached to window and insert.

PM me if you want it and I'll give it to you at a fair price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts