Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at a little over 40k and need new tires. What's a good choice? I drive in a lot of dirt but also drive a lot of streets. I like aggressive looking tires but I heard they make a lot of noise.
I'm running nitto terra grapplers now and was thinking about their mud grapplers

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
Have you looked at the new duratracs? They seem to have become pretty popular for an aggressive all terrain. My buddy is getting the trail grapplers soon and I will see them perform this weekend first hand.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not for nothing, but I have 30K on my Terra Grapplers right now and can't believe the way they work off road and on. I guess they have to have less than 50% tread left, but you can't tell from looking at them...

I dunno... I am going to buy them again though.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I'm thinking my new rubber will be the GY Wrangler DuraTracs. :wave:

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
I think the mud grapplers wear down really quick...trail grapplers are pretty sweet
also, i know they are quite pricey compared to what's been mentioned...but my toyo m/t's are fairly quiet and I have nearly 40k on them right now with an easy 30k left....and i abuse my tires off road pretty often

·
Registered
506 Posts
Toyo Mt's are great, I have never heard a bad thing about them!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Toyo Mt's are great, I have never heard a bad thing about them!
Except they are probably one of the heaviest tires around. :). Great tires otherwise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts