Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Does anybody have pictures of their black FJ with the stock brush guard? If so please post them asap. I'm planning on buying the brush for my FJ.
If you want to get it for cheaper, post up a WTB (want to buy) thread in that section of the forum for one and search the for sale section often. You will find one for probably half price used.
I don't know how much you have been offroad or know about the strength of this "guard", but it really will be more for looks than protection.

If you are buying for looks and two tabs to mount some sweet lights to, go for it.
If you are buying it to add protection to the front of your FJ, i would suggest something else.
Good luck.
http://www.trdsource.com/Image.asp?partPicture=tn_FJ_GrillGuard.jpg&partName=Brush Guard
here is a pic of it on a titanium FJ cruiser.

·
Registered
876 Posts
If you are buying for looks and two tabs to mount some sweet lights to, go for it.
If you are buying it to add protection to the front of your FJ, i would suggest something else.
Good luck.
As much as I hate to agree (since I have a guard for sale on here) it's true. Good for looks, but not so much on protection. As a matter of fact when your wheeling with one it can potentially cause more damage than not having one.
A hit on one side can cause damage on the other. I have seen pics of wrecks where the bottom was hit and it twists on top and crushes the quater panels (of course I am talking about the frame mounted.)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information...I'm really using it for looks. I actually want to see a picture of a BLACK FJ with the OEM brush guard so I can get a visual. If anybody has one please post it up.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Not new pictures, so they weren't taken specifically for your request, but here ya go:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts