Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase my first FJ and would like to bounce my deal off of some more experienced FJ owners. What is the best way to get that accomplished on the forum?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2011 96K miles Quicksand ARB front and Rear bumpers Baja roof rack (little rusting) warn winch, (all service records), ladder to rack, JBL sound, A-trac, locking diff, lift (not sure which) tuffy box in rear (most likely will remove) molle racks on dash and rear door. $24K seems very clean and well taken care of .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More responses???

Is there any way to get more responses from your post? I requested help from experienced FJ experts on a purchase deal and maybe I did something wrong because no one has responded... I am new to the forum so I figured I must have made a mistake haha...

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
What are you wanting to know? The prices are all over the place when you start looking at aftermarket parts because some sellers think they're worth what they paid for them and include them in the price, conversely a buyer may not have a problem with that as long as the upgrades fit their idea for a build. This sounds like a good deal as long as it's been maintained well and hasn't been bashing rocks off road or been swamping on weekends. That's my thoughts and you will get others as it's a pretty active place when people want buying advice. Post some pictures and let the scrutinizing begin. My .02 cents. On a side note this rig wouldn't appeal to me because I wanted to build mine the way I wanted and the ARB bumpers aren't something I like. Good luck with you hunt and make sure to let us see what you choose.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your response, I just wanted to know what the thoughts were on the miles and the extras, I just realized I forgot to mention that it has a safari snorkel also, seemed like a good deal to me but like I said it will be my first. I am excited about becoming a part of this community, I was in Ouray in 2016 just by chance the same week as the FJ summit...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was also trying to decide between the 2011 quicksand with all the extras from my previous post and a 2012 Red TT with 84K but all stock no extras... what are your opinions? The 2012 is $1900 more before negotiating

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
No problem. If it's what you're looking for and has been taken care go for it. By the way where is it coming from? If its from the rust belt do a thorough inspection of the frame for excessive rust and once again pics will always help us evaluate things for you.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,420 Posts
Re: More responses???

Hi

I just had a look at the post. you put it in the right section and have had quite a few replies. Generally a few people like to help and offer opinions and advice on cars being considered.

The only thing I would have added from the outset would have been as much detail of the vehicle(s) you are considering and what your concerns are (I assume there were some or you wouldn't be asking for advice).

A lot of members only check the active topics page so once a post gets bumped down the list it gets less traffic, you can always add a comment to push it back into the limelight.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am looking at a 2011 quicksand with 96K miles ARB bumpers warn winch, safari snorkel, Baja rack, lift, etc etc 24K, or a stock Red 2012 TT 86K both in south no rust $1900 more

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts

1) What color do you like more . 2) Do you like the Mods on the quicksand or are those things you would be changing out.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Without seeing them both I would go for the 2011 model because it has already been tastefully modified. Your going to spend at least 3k to replicate that on the 2012. The down side would be the 2012 being a TT will always have a higher resale value than the other. Neither are priced horribly but again as I see it the 2011 is a better deal if you plan on taking it wheeling.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts