1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Any driveline shop can re-tube and balance your driveshaft. You might even just be able to rebalance the driveshaft to remove the vibes. I'd call around for pricing.

If you end up getting a new driveline I'm interested in your dented one as I need a spare. Just let me know.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I would re-tube it with a thicker wall tubing, that way you wont have this problem again. You are looking around $150 to have it re-tubed and balanced.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,
Unfortunately, up here in Northern NH there are no drive line shop so I would have to send it out and need my vehicle for business on a daily basis. I am looking for a used one or may buy new and then may be interested in selling mine to you sbechtold after mine is replaced...
Cheers!

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Thanks guys,
Unfortunately, up here in Northern NH there are no drive line shop so I would have to send it out and need my vehicle for business on a daily basis. I am looking for a used one or may buy new and then may be interested in selling mine to you sbechtold after mine is replaced...
Cheers!
Another option would be to take the rear driveshaft out and drive around in 4WD while the driveshaft is out being fixed. You would be be driving around in front wheel drive, but it wouldn't hurt anything. Although in NH you probably want 4WD this time of year. :)

I just looked up the driveshaft on ToyotaPartSales.com and it's $450 for a new stock driveshaft. Ouch! You might check car-parts.com as there are enough wrecked FJC's in wrecking yards now that you might get lucky.

If in the end you do replace it let me know what you want for your damaged one. Good luck with the fix.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hello,
i haven't been on here in a while. I replaced the drive shaft a couple of years ago. Now i'm getting rid of stuff in my cellar to make room. sbechtold, if you are still interested I am asking $100 plus shipping for my old rear drive shaft. 15k miles on it. :rocker:.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am looking for a Factory Rear Bumper Apron Cover, Silver w/ Hitch cutout, and a passenger side rear Factory Fender Flare in really good condition if anyone wants to work out a trade.

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
this thread is over a year and a half old :)

i am looking for a Factory Rear Bumper Apron Cover, Silver w/ Hitch cutout, and a passenger side rear Factory Fender Flare in really good condition if anyone wants to work out a trade.
I suggest starting a new thread..no one will look here if they want to sell what you're looking for

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes i realize that but happened to see the the dated message from sbechtold asking to let him know if i sell it. I'm a little late but figured I'd let him know....
I did create a new post today in the Buy/Sell section for the rear driveshaft as well. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts