Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 FJ Crusier that was involved in a rollover and the engine siezed and needs to be replaced. The local Toyota dealership is West Ashley Toyota located in Charleston, South Carolina. They have tried and tried to find a remanufactured engine, but keep telling me there is none on the market. They did say they found one, but the day it was supposed to arrive in Charleston, the dealer told me that it wasn't available. They quoted me at ovr $15,000 for a new replacement engine which would put the FJ into the "totaled" category which I do NOT want.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to help me locate a Toyota Certified Remanufactured engine for this FJ?

Signed,

Grrrrrrr

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
If they totalled it, wouldn't your insurance company replace it? I would much rather have it replaced then having to go through fixing everything. Why don't you want them to total it?

ps. moved the thread for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They would just pay the fair market value which is about what is left owed on it. Then it would be back to the dealer and another down payment, and another 5 years of payments. Not counting all the upgrades I have done to it.

Thank you for moving me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I can't help you with a reman, but if a low mileage used engine is an option car-part.com is a great source. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts