Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm turning 18 in a few weeks, and my dad keeps asking me what I want. Honestly, I don't really know...acceptance to my college of choice would be nice! He told me to think of some stuff possibly for the FJ. I just got a Cold Air Intake, so nothing too expensive, pretty much around or below $200. I've looked into getting a Scanguage II, a CB Radio, or differential armor (suggestions?).

I'm having trouble both justifying what I just mentioned, and thinking of other possible things. My friend and I are working on making a light cage and bumpers and such, but haven't gotten anything done recently. Maybe some KC's, but I got nothing to mount them on...yet. So here is where I ask you guys for input. What do you guys suggest I should get that's useful, practical, and cool, keep in mind, $200-ish budget, thanks!

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,485 Posts
12 pack of budlight

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
1: Smoke'n hot chick
2: Smoke'n hot Blonde chick
3: Another set of KC Daylighters never hurts.
4: Smoke'n hot Blonde chick & a set of KC Daylighters, (pair-pak $100)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Just thought of something else... I'm not sure of your state laws, but here in Pa. when you turn 18 you can apply for a carry permit for a hand gun. Go check you state laws & apply if you can & have your dad buy you a nice hand gun you can keep in the FJ when your wheeling. I know when I go wheeling in my local woods I carry a gun every time, there's a lot of nut bags around here & you really never know. Better save than sorry. I've been carrying since 1987 when I got my first 4 wheel ATV. Just an idea for you.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
12 pack of budlight
Parents...not friends.

And thanks Dom, can't ever be too safe! :bigthumb:

I did ask for a bunch of $1 bills...for no paticular reason :bandit:

Yea, I've though about another set of Daylighters, and unfortunately, our minimum handgun carry age is 21...I live in freaking Tennessee and its 21, wtf?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Depending on what your storage needs are, Springtail Solutions offers several great M-PAC racks in that price range. The FJ Straddle rack is so handy, and you can outfit it with cheap MOLLE gear from Cheaper Than Dirt.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know there is some like FJ tactical (whoops, I used the word tactical....) seat cover or something. It like straps around the front and on the back is a bunch of like packs and such, I know I saw it on some guys army green build, I'll have to look around.

I always like storage items...and the scanguage seems like a cool idea, not sure how much use i'd get out of it though. I mean, I have a friend who has one on a land rover, he gets LOTS of use out of his, but he driving a rover. And if I ever NEED it I can use his, but still, its tempting to get one...

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,485 Posts
hey now, if one can die for his/her country at the age of 18, they can drink a dang beer

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey now, if one can die for his/her country at the age of 18, they can drink a dang beer
Ain't that the truth! That's what I've been saying all along!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Holy crap ! Hot blond chick, booze and guns. :lol: What a glorious combo. I'd suggest the SG II. Great tool that is very functional. Love mine. Under $200 green backs I believe. Happy birthday, whenever it is if I missed that. :cheers:

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,485 Posts
one for your son, 11 for you :D

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
You do your own wrenching? How about updating your tool collection and/or recovery gear that you carry in/on the FJ?

Otherwise the SG II sounds good - as does a lot of that other stuff that was mentioned! :rofl:

Mike :jester:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts