Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My front suspension is slowly dying due to the weight of an Exp1 steel bumper, skids, winch, and dual battery system. They are the Fox 2.0 IFP's and sagging so hard under the weight its lower than stock height. I took it in to hopefully just adjust the height but they've been so used and abused the mechanics advised on adjusting them.

That brings me to upgrade time. I'm looking at the Icon 2.5 Extended Travel w/ the Icon or Camburg UCA's, but I'm a little worried if the springs might not be strong enough for the heavy weight up front. Anyone have any other good feedback on that setup? Or any other routes/brands I should look into?

Thanks dudes!

·
Premium Member
11,769 Posts
Any of the 2.5" od bodies will work well - the key will be the spring. With a heavy front the go to has been as 700lb spring.

·
Registered
808 Posts
The springs that come on the Icons are 650LB and will work well for your setup with plenty of room for adjustment.

If you want something plush street for driving there are better options out there than the Icons.

·
Premium Member
11,769 Posts
Oh yeah.....almost forgot: Coilover Covers - get them. They will prolong the life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts