Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just picked up a new set of pro comp steel rims. part number 97-6883.
The rim is 16x8 with a 4.25" back space.... and it's hitting the brake caliper (sp?)

Question is what back spacing with help to fix the problem? (higher back spacing...4.5" or lower... 4")

Any help would be great.
Thanks
AR

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Not sure, I guess you could put hella backspacing on and have your rig look like a hotwheels ride but that is also more stress on the axle. There are only a few 16's out there that will clear the calliper due to their design. I hope someone has a better answer to help it work out for you but I've seen alot of threads where folks ended up returning the wheels due to incompatability.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about spacers but heard they weren't good for the truck in the long run.

Any one know which rims will fit?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I have D!ck Cepek DC-1 wheels 16" and they clear the calipers nicely, but they are not steelies - which is what it sounds like ADAMR is looking for. I think the back spacing on those is 4.5, but back spacing isnt everything. Some wheel walls are just thicker than others I think. In the end, you just have to try searching the forum for people who have experimented already....trial and error I'm afraid.
good luck!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
some years of the tundra steelies fit, not sure which year though.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
A spacer will work. You're just barely rubbing so a small spacer will be enough. Properly installed quality spacer will not be any more dangerous then no spacers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts