Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Im pretty new to the forums. I've looked at other threads
but can't get the exact answers i'm looking for. Soooo i'm looking for a 2-3" lift.
This is only a daily driver. There will be ZERO off-roading with it. I want the lift just for looks. I've read a lot about spacer lifts and there is some mixed reviews,but seems like it would be fine for what i want. Should i be concerned about rollover? I'm looking at the 2.5" daystorm spacer lift. Any insight is welcome. Thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
If you’re lifting for looks, you’ll be fine. But I think you mean "Daystar 2.5 inch lift" :thinkerg:.
Run a search on that, you'll find what you're looking for. In anycase, I'd go with the rough country 3".
So what size tires you running, or planning on running?
Good luck to you bro :cheers:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, spacer lift should be fine for your application. I would also swap out your sway-bar bushings to urethane one. As we all know the FJ rolls a lot around corners on pavement. At 2.5 inch lift front to level with rear height, you can run up to 33" tire, suggest to also use either lower offset rim or add a small spacer to gain some inner clearance. Hope all goes well! :)

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I ran the Rough Country spacer front spring/shock rear. It rode really well and is priced right. If you start adding too much weight then you might have to upgrade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help!

I plan on running 285/70 tires.
But i heard the rough country 3" is a rough ride.
You would suggest it over daystar 2.5 spacers?

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Thanks for all the help!

I plan on running 285/70 tires.
But i heard the rough country 3" is a rough ride.
You would suggest it over daystar 2.5 spacers?
I had the RC for about a year. It isn't a rough ride. Just get the kit with springs and shocks for the rear.:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts