Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

401 - 412 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
I have collected quite a few Pocket knives over the years.
My favorite every day knife is a Kershaw knife.
It is the Ken Onion Design series, #1660CBBW .
It is a very smooth finish alloy design.
4" folded
3" blade
The finish is extremely slick and it's gunmetal gray color makes it a very versatile carry.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
That morakniv is awesome for the price. I used one to cut a bunch of Hardie board once. That's concrete board that the circular saw wouldn't cut.
Used and abused and eventually threw away when too hard to resharpen.

·
Premium Member
7,887 Posts
I'm starting my knife collection.

From the top:
-Big Schrade SCHF3 mounted in the back of the FJ. Pretty good quality for the price.
-Leatherman Skeletool I've had this for 3.5 years. Used to daily it but now pocket it only on the weekends when I work on the FJ.
-CRKT Squid. Can be had for a measly $16 and is a lot of fun to play with.
-ESEE Zancudo D2. Ridiculously sharp.
-ESEE-3 MIL - Its a bit of a unicorn. Serrated and with a double edge. Mounted in the FJ by drivers foot.
-(latest not pictured) Morakniv Companion

And looking at getting a blue Spyderco. Maybe for Christmas.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,887 Posts
I carry the VG10 steel Spyderco Endura 4 as my EDC knife, made in Seki City Japan. Fantastic overall.
Nice! I have a hard time carrying anything with a blade longer than 3" as an EDC and many knives are over that. My ESEE Zancudo is right at the 3" mark and its plenty big for me. I've been thinking about the china made Persistence. People seem to have good things to say especially at the price point.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice! I have a hard time carrying anything with a blade longer than 3" as an EDC and many knives are over that. My ESEE Zancudo is right at the 3" mark and its plenty big for me. I've been thinking about the china made Persistence. People seem to have good things to say especially at the price point.
I have the Spyderco Delica 4 and it, for me, can't be beat for size, form, and function. The blade length is 3".

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I prefer to buy quality ONCE, even if I have to stretch the budget or use plastic to pay it off over 2-3 months! Today I picked up a Kershaw Presidio II automatic $187, has 3 3/4 blade, AMBIDEXTEROUS auto opening, partial serrated blade, black coating on blade, lifetime warranty, free sharpening program. If I weren't such a computer klutz, I'd post pic; but can be easily found on net, if someone more skilled than I wants to do it? I also have Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn assisted opening about $75 that is a very good knife; but wanted automatic, as someday the need might be there to deploy quickly, plus love ambi feature should I need to use left hand. Thank God I am somewhat ambidexterous myself, Can shoot handgun or rifle, right or left, play pool with either and can bat lefty too; but don't want to say I'm a "switch hitter"! ha Persidio II also has what looks and feels like pistol "****ing serrations" molded into grip so you don't loose grip if sweaty, wet; or bloody!

Check ir our!

·
Premium Member
7,887 Posts
Super impressed with my Zero Tolerance 0562, its as close as you can get to carrying a fixed blade in your pocket without actually carrying a fixed blade in your pocket. :lol: I thought about doing just that but since I have this knife, what's the point? Its built like a tank and when I saw someone was doing them in blue I had to have one. :blueblob: Still prefer thumbstud though. Why is there no one perfect knife? Still on the search...

-Manual opening thumbstud
-USA made
-Uncoated blade
-Slightly smaller than the 0562
-Deep carry clip

That's all I want.

PS: Nevermind my previous comment about never carrying a blade longer than 3". This one is fun.

20180908_123049.jpg

20180908_123104.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a drawer full of knives . Including the ones mentioned. The only on that I carry everyday, that I use at least 8-10 times a day at my job:

The LEATHERMAN SUPERTOOL 300. I will drive back home from work 18 miles if I forget it.
LIFETIME Warranty

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Super impressed with my Zero Tolerance 0562, its as close as you can get to carrying a fixed blade in your pocket without actually carrying a fixed blade in your pocket. :lol: I thought about doing just that but since I have this knife, what's the point? Its built like a tank and when I saw someone was doing them in blue I had to have one. :blueblob: Still prefer thumbstud though. Why is there no one perfect knife? Still on the search...

-Manual opening thumbstud
-USA made
-Uncoated blade
-Slightly smaller than the 0562
-Deep carry clip

That's all I want.

PS: Nevermind my previous comment about never carrying a blade longer than 3". This one is fun.
Yep... still sporting my 0350 for EDC off the job and 0300 on the job. They are worth every penny.

401 - 412 of 412 Posts