Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need the 12 M8x43mm screws, 12 fiber washers & 12 mastic washers for the OE Roof Rack

Need the 12 M8x43mm screws, 12 fiber washers & 12 mastic washers for a Factory Roof Rack from another FJ. Original bolts are stripped.

I hear Dealers wont sell these parts seperately. What should I do?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Re: Need the 12 M8x43mm screws, 12 fiber washers & 12 mastic washers for the OE Roof

Need the 12 M8x43mm screws, 12 fiber washers & 12 mastic washers for a Factory Roof Rack from another FJ. Original bolts are stripped.

I just came on here to look for the parts for you too! if you didn't already, post this in the WTB section, I had a lot of guys offer up their short screws when I needed them for the roof rack removal.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Re: Need the 12 M8x43mm screws, 12 fiber washers & 12 mastic washers for the OE Roof

Nope they will sell you the complete bolt kit. Comes with new bolts, washers and all the mastic washers. It was about $25. Just bought the kit 3 weeks ago. :)

·
Premium Member
501 Posts

If you can't get what you want from the dealer in a bolt kit you can get the bolts and fiber washers at a good Ace Hardware not a Lowes or HD
I used duct seal mastic putty for my mastic washers. It's used in the Ac biz and I use it in the boat building business to seal wire chases etc in bilge runs
I just pinched off a bit rolled it like dough into a ribbon and twisted it into a circle

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Nope they will sell you the complete bolt kit. Comes with new bolts, washers and all the mastic washers. It was about $25. Just bought the kit 3 weeks ago. :)

Where from??

ThankS!!!:rocker:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found it locally. Thanks ddubb for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts