Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it has come down to desperation. We need help!

My wife was able to pull some strings and have her holidays arranged to fall on the Ouray week. Im off, she is off, dog sitter is booked, registration is in but.... we cant find anywhere to stay. Hotels are booked and camping is out of the question because it is a 30 hour drive (1 way) for us and we will have 1 dog with us.

Does anyone know of other places to look? I dont care what it is as long as we can get a shower and our 1 dog is OK to stay there (it will be along for the runs during the day).

We really need to make this trip happen!

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
I'm not sure yet so don't jump the gun here. My wife and I might change our plans to camping and you would be able to slide in our spot at the box spring lodge. We are in the process of buying a new home and I'm worried that most of my fun money will be sucked up in the yard for the first few years. My wife is not much of a camper and we may have our dog (she'll sleep in the FJ at night) so if it looks like we can swing the cash then we will keep our reservation.

you can keep your fingers crossed, but I've got mine crossed too so we'll see who has better luck.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
We are staying at Ouray Riverside Cabins. We are in one of the camping cabins....almost like camping - but with a roof, heat and electricity...and that's it. Common bathrooms and bathhouse. $60/night.

I am pretty sure they allow pets, but double check:

http://www.ourayriversideinn.com/cabins.htm

They also have a hotel, not sure about the pet situation there.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Check the Christmas House B&B. George and Allyson are cool people.. They had the place up for sale when we were there last summer, so they may have moved on.. Ron

Looks like they are still there... http://www.christmashousebandb.com/

Well, it has come down to desperation. We need help!

My wife was able to pull some strings and have her holidays arranged to fall on the Ouray week. Im off, she is off, dog sitter is booked, registration is in but.... we cant find anywhere to stay. Hotels are booked and camping is out of the question because it is a 30 hour drive (1 way) for us and we will have 1 dog with us.

Does anyone know of other places to look? I dont care what it is as long as we can get a shower and our 1 dog is OK to stay there (it will be along for the runs during the day).

We really need to make this trip happen!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts