Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Just put a deposit down on an Icon 3" stage one lift kit with Total Chaos upper arms. It's on order and will be installed soon UNLESS there is a good reason to spend an additional $200 on Fox shocks instead.
The guy at ORW Escondido told me that if the Icon shock needs to be serviced, they will need about a week cause they don't have all the equipment in the shop to service Icon. On the other hand, if a Fox shock needs service, they can have it done in a day in the shop.
So the question is, how often will they need to be serviced? FYI, I only go off road 4-6 times a year and generally don't drive like crazy. I drive fairly aggressively but not extreme.
Is it worth it to go with a Fox shock for $200 more? I'm already at just over $3k.
Thanks for your experience and advise in advance!

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Icon claims they don't need to be serviced until they start leaking oil. Mine have 59k and feel as good as new.
ORW services fox shocks? I doubt they do rebuilds in house. That is typically done by the manufacture and that can go either way.
If you need a rebuild I would call and set up an appointment so it can be done quickly.

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
your first instincts are usually correct. go with the Icon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts