Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Vendor
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to many inquiries, we're hoping to offer a never before mass produced jewel of a bumper to our favorite audience, YOU.

That said, we'll need to sell at least 5 of them to make retooling the machines, etc... worth it. This bumper should be in the low $500's + shipping.:bigthumb:

NO Winch or light holes in this bumper, just clean, smooth lines plus all the functionality and protection needed for the FJ lifestyle.

If you are SERIOUSLY considering and want us to recognize you for a possible GROUP BUY, post your name and questions below. After enough interest, we'll move this to a group buy thread to make it official.

NOTE: The bumper we're referring to is the bumper on the stand, NOT the mounted bumper with bars.

A big thanks to Warrior Products to being open minded to this potential release.

Cheers:wave:

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
Pretty nice? if this works please fab up an affordable rear swing-out w/out lights?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
I'd like it if it had some off-the-shelf LED holes

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Thanks for the input smoking_rubber!!! Good idea. We're forwarding it on to the powers that be.
Other comments anyone? We appreciate them.
I have some questions for WP. What is the weight of this bumper? Do you have any pictures of it mounted on an FJ? Also, as mentioned previously, would it be possible to get it with fog light holes? Pending responses to these questions I'm actually pretty interested in this. I like the idea of an affordable yet functional bumper.

Reactions: PureFJCruiser

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like it but without a way to mount a winch I'm out.
It would really great if you could make a mount and a clean plate incase you didn't have winch.

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
NO Winch or light holes in this bumper, just clean, smooth lines plus all the functionality and protection needed for the FJ lifestyle.
Some people don't need a winch, granted, but it needs a grille guard to really protect the front end. Love the price though, maybe make the grille guard optional?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I definitely like the clean lines and shape of the bumper. One my wife decides she is ready for a bumper, this will be on the short list.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would like led light bar mounting tabs up top. Single hoop over the light bar. Price range is great. All those things I added might change that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe it is just me but, why doesn't anyone build these out of aluminum? Weight consideration, different finishes even paint it if you wish. Lights, for sure and make a bolt on headlight protector too.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Warrior makes some great products, and I like the bare-bones approach with this bumper. It looks good and has all the right features that I would design into a bumper except for a truly flat top area that you could stand on to get into the engine bay of your lifted rig. Except for my opinion on that one point, it would be a great starting point for a lot of folks.

I am the kind of person that could take this platform and upgrade/modify it to my liking as my rig progressed. Not all FJ owners have the tools, skills or desire to fabricate stuff themselves, but some do. The addition of a winch bracket, lighting holes, or a grille guard, light bar or stinger is very doable.

I already have a winch bumper, so I'm not really in the market for one, but I do believe it is a good idea.

Now, what I really need and want is one of your way-cool 3860 flat racks for my rig! I want to run it with a Maggiolina rooftop tent pod and a Fiamma awning for a great overland adventure/zombie apocalypse escape vehicle. :grin

Keep up the great work! :bigthumb:

·
Vendor
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now, what I really need and want is one of your way-cool 3860 flat racks for my rig! I want to run it with a Maggiolina rooftop tent pod and a Fiamma awning for a great overland adventure/zombie apocalypse escape vehicle. :grin
We are offering the 3860 rack with a FREE wind deflector now through Christmas Eve! :rocker: Get you some of that!

Warrior Products Platform Rack with FREE AIR DAM! [3860-3865] - $690.30 : Pure FJ Cruiser Accessories, Parts and Accessories for your Toyota FJ Cruiser

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I like it, but I already have a Warrior bumper :)

Reactions: PureFJCruiser

·
Registered
328 Posts
I like the clean lines. I love the FJ Cruiser but something about the factory front bumper drives me nuts. This is a simple straight line design. I don't do any heavy off roading. Gravel and mud are the most my FJ sees so the winch non-option is not that big of a deal. I think you should think of your market with this bumper as being closer to the daily driver, slight off roader. Consider thinner metal and possible aluminum options to keep the weight down and the MPG up. Just my .02 cents.

·
Vendor
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We've mentioned the light holes to Warrior. I bet they will consider it, but haven't a confirmed YES. I believe this is the only like bumper made and it's never been mounted.?
The shipping dims are about: Shipping: 65 1/8 x 13 7/8 x 14 5/8, 90lbs

Really appreciate the feedback all.

MaxMoto - you DO know about the current Warrior platform rack + free air dam sale we have going on right now, right? It's through Christmas and it's the LEAST EXPENSIVE rack we have so a VERY GOOD DEAL in our opinion.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have some questions for WP. What is the weight of this bumper? Do you have any pictures of it mounted on an FJ? Also, as mentioned previously, would it be possible to get it with fog light holes? Pending responses to these questions I'm actually pretty interested in this. I like the idea of an affordable yet functional bumper.
1. The Short answer is no, we do not have any pictures of the bumper on an FJ. The long answer is, the mounts are not complete to allow it to be mounted on an FJ. This is one of the reasons we are trying to gauge interest prior to 'releasing' the bumper.

2. Fog light holes... I am not sure on that one. If it were just an option to have holes cut in the bumper for LED cubes or for a standard fog light, that would probably be doable. Creating a mount that could work with multiple brands and sizes is an entirely different story.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts