Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Vendor
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
We have listed for review, but D-Ring mounts would require a major redesign. The 3500 (non-winch bumper) does not have the same heavy duty frame mounts and structure that the 3530 does, so the D-Ring mounts would not have any good way to attach to the bumper.

TBD. :^)

·
Registered
122 Posts
We have listed for review, but D-Ring mounts would require a major redesign. The 3500 (non-winch bumper) does not have the same heavy duty frame mounts and structure that the 3530 does, so the D-Ring mounts would not have any good way to attach to the bumper.

TBD. :^)
"and for that reason, I'm out." :laugh

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I have never understood people's obsession with D ring mounts on FJ bumpers. The FJ already has two frame mounts on the front that are easily accessible. Are the aesthetics of having D rings hanging from the bumper that you'll likely never use really that important? They kind of remind me of those steel balls that trucks hang from their tow hitch.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I like this bumper. It is exactly what we are looking for in terms of its clean lines. The whole reason I have avoided purchasing a bumper is that the stock one just looks right. This would be a good replacement weight wise and aesthetically.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I have never understood people's obsession with D ring mounts on FJ bumpers. The FJ already has two frame mounts on the front that are easily accessible. Are the aesthetics of having D rings hanging from the bumper that you'll likely never use really that important? They kind of remind me of those steel balls that trucks hang from their tow hitch.
Agree 100%. I will always choose the factory tow point over a d-ring on a bumper.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Reactions: FJ Cruiser Matt
41 - 51 of 51 Posts