Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello this is Joe from Flushing, NY. I just got a 2008 sandstorm with off-road package (55K miles, $18500) on saturday. This is my 3rd time posting but i've been on here for almost a month. this forum has already helped me tremendously.. first on OE subwoofer and rear pillar speakers install and then Thermostat change and then fuel mileage for owners with 45K miles and above.
I had a 2002 subaru wrx for the past 9 years, bought it new when I was 26. was into SCCA solo2 and road racing with emra. and it was also my daily driver. figured it was time to move on to get away from the import racing scene. After this winter with the snow and bad weather, ny area's roads became really bad, and they also take their sweet time filling in potholes. so as soon as I see this deal at a subaru dealership in ramsey, NJ. I had to get it. Was looking for one before the past winter, but now I can get use to the FJ instead of driving it in snow right away.
but soon after I get into the FJ world I realized what a great vehicle it is for the summer too! I subscribe to FJC magazine and seeing all the owners doing off road and stuff but i live on Long island with no mountains and off road terrain you can drive on legally.. lol.. and plus all the meets are NOT here! (although i did see a bunch of FJ's in a parking lot having a meet one time in hicksville, before I got mine)
very pumped that i got the FJ and very happy to meet all of you guys, again thanks for all the help already!
JF

·
Premium Member
16,932 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome from Canada!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome - From NC! Congrats on the purchase, you will have lots of fun with the new Cruiser!

:cheers:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Joe welcome to the gang and congrats on the rig

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you all very much guys! took advantage of the high clearance for the first time on monday morning. I was on the 495 going to work at 5am in the morning. all of a sudden the traffic came to a stop, realized something happened up front. drove onto the shoulder and then over some high land with grass and then out of the highway and i was the only one on the service road passing all the traffic and the accident that caused it. words are hard to describe but i've always had a car and if i was in my subaru i'd have been late to work.. and I had to open the place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts