Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new Bussmann fuse box and taught i could post some pics of it as i really like it. Not installed in the FJ yet but will do after i finish my custom bracket to hold it!!!

20 Circuits total (Up to 40 possible)
10 with Breaker/Relays
10 Fuse only

Overview

Closer Look

Weather Pack connectors to connect aux accessories (10 on the Relay circuit)

Overview Back

Closer view back

·
Registered
54 Posts
Where did you find one already wired and ready to install? I have been eyeing this and could never work up the desire to mess with all the small connections that are needed.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Just got my new Bussmann fuse box and taught i could post some pics of it as i really like it. Not installed in the FJ yet but will do after i finish my custom bracket to hold it!!!

20 Circuits total (Up to 40 possible)
10 with Breaker/Relays
10 Fuse only
That looks like the Bussmann 15300; did you get the clear weatherproof cover for it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks like the Bussmann 15300; did you get the clear weatherproof cover for it?
I didn't get the clear cover but the black like this one:

The back is sealed with the weather pack plug and connector and some silicon. The box is pretty much sealed from water & debris, perfect for off-road usage.

Skygear built it for me on Tacoma World forum. Customized for my need, he does an excellent job if you are willing to wait 2-3 weeks to get it.

You still need to crimp all your accessories wires and the different circuits but he does the main positive bus and install the breaker, fuse & relay wire/jumpers which can be a pain when you are not use to do it.:grin

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'm going to have to build/buy one of these once I get my dual battery set up going.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I didn't get the clear cover but the black like this one:

The back is sealed with the weather pack plug and connector and some silicon. The box is pretty much sealed from water & debris, perfect for off-road usage.

Skygear built it for me on Tacoma World forum. Customized for my need, he does an excellent job if you are willing to wait 2-3 weeks to get it.

You still need to crimp all your accessories wires and the different circuits but he does the main positive bus and install the breaker, fuse & relay wire/jumpers which can be a pain when you are not use to do it.:grin
very nice. how much does something like this cost?? and where does it install in the engine bay.??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very nice. how much does something like this cost?? and where does it install in the engine bay.??
Cost ~$350 and install on the driver side between the firewall and battery.

Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts