Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been part of the 2011 Trail Teams edition 'angst' club, wondering, debating, researching, hoping, praying, and just trying to figure out if, when, and whether or not there will be an actual Army Green TTSE.

After the earthquake, and a spike in price for local FJ inventory, I decided to pull the trigger on a gorgeous 2011 Brick FJ, w/Upgrade package while I still had a really good price quote.

I have to say I'm incredibly happy I did. I really wanted the Army green, and thought I'd hate the Brick color, but it is actually stunning in person. I thought I really wanted the colored seat inserts, but I find strangely that I like the cave-like charcoal interior. I'm annoyed that it came with running boards, but I saved enough money over the TT edition that I can replace them with better than OEM aftermarket sliders, and have plenty left over to do additional mods.

I felt like I was compromising a little because of the consequences of the horrible events in Japan would have effects for some time. But now I don't feel like I've compromised at all, even if the Trail Teams show up tomorrow (with negotiable prices even) that I did the right thing.

Best of luck to ZonaFJ and the others that are holding out for the TTSE, I hope it works out for you.

And to everyone else, I'm really happy to be officially a part of the FJ community!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congrats on the purchase man! The FJ is a super cool vehicle that, as you say, looks even better in person. Looking forward to some pics!

gb

·
Registered
20 Posts
As a new FJ owner myself (day #6!) I've come to the conclusion that regardless of the edition you get, you still end up with one hell of a great vehicle.

·
Registered
178 Posts
congrats on the new FJ and welcome to the Brick Club :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I really love my brick, especially now with it blacked out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats!! Ive had mine for about 2 1/2 years and LOVE it to death! Absolutely no complaints and its fun checking out all the mods people come up with. Ive gotten some incredible ideas from this forum, but I warn you, mods are addicting!!! haha.

·
Premium Member
16,934 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the BrickYard! I've been bricked for about 2 weeks now....Posted my pics early on. Brick is an awesome color. On a sunny day it's all burgandy-ish and on a cloudy day it's almost maroon....Congrats and get ready to mod your wallet to a frazzle!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm still holding out, but must admit that it's getting harder. I think the brick is a greeat color - might have done the same myself. :cheers:Congrats and enjoy your new ride. By the way I have been looking at some other choises:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was negotiating for an Army Green that was supposedly "at the port". 2 weeks went by and they still had not gotten it from the port. I was tired of waiting and ended up getting a Iceberg. This was the Monday before the tsunami. I think if I would have waited for the green I would have had to part with a lot more green. And I'm just as happy, the FJ is the bomb.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts