Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:wave: Hello to all.

I have been lurking here for a while now and did not want to register until I made the trade for my new 2011 FJ. Well I did the deal on Sunday 12/19 and I'm very happy with my decision to trade my '07 Tundra Dbl. Cab 5.7 for an '11 Iceberg white FJ. I will miss the Tundra and that big stonking V8, but the FJ is much easier to park in my underground garage (I live in Northern Virginia and work in DC).

I came to the FJ pretty much by happenstance. My Tundra recently spent 6 weeks in the shop - initially for repairs to a defective rear brake assembly and bed shake- and then a few extra weeks when a dealership employee backed over it with a bobtail truck. The guys at the dealership were terrific and gave me a loaner (Green '10 FJ) to use while my truck was repaired. And after a few days I was hooked so I asked about a trade and found out that there was one '11 FJ headed to the east coast port with a load of Prius'. I knew that I would trade when the salesman told me that it was Iceberg white with almost every option. From what I am told this is the first '11 FJ on the east coast.

So that's it. I am already thinking about ad-ons and mods so I think I'll stick around this forum for a while if you guys don't mind.

:) KK

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Hello and welcome! Pix are a must! Proves the motivational poster, "What has been seen, cannot be unseen".

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new... really new rig :)

·
Premium Member
16,984 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Congrats. We are in very simmilar situations. I also just traded in an 07 Tundra Double cab on an 11FJC My decision came down to iceberg TRD no other options, or a Silver with upgrade package, roof rack etc etc etc..... both about the same price. So I went with the Silver now if it will just get here. Supposed to be in route from the port in Houston any day now. Have you taken delivery of yours yet?

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
...so I think I'll stick around this forum for a while if you guys don't mind...
ha ha, not at all.
We totally get the "hooked" part. :clap:
Welcome and watch your wallet :cheers:

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

·
fka rsidey
926 Posts
That's great. And I should also tell you that if you don't post pictures then it didn't happen.

Welcome.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the first east coast 11 FJ! :cheers:

otherwise, I think you have noticed a theme by now so I won't bother to say pics or it didn't happen.....but really......pics!

or it didn't happen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome to the forum. Sorry I haven't been back in a few days but I've been busy with family matters so I haven't gotten around to posting pics of the FJ just yet. I will do my best to get something up before the end of the weekend.

Merry Christmas to all.

KK

1 - 18 of 18 Posts