Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new FJ Monday. Looking for many years of good times with it. Sometimes I still can't believe I bought aToyota, but I love it. Its a cool ride.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Just picked up my new FJ Monday. Looking for many years of good times with it. Sometimes I still can't believe I bought aToyota, but I love it. Its a cool ride.
Welcome! Did you say 2011 TT?

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Looks to be a Upgrade 3 also referred to as NSSE judging by the avatar. Haven't been keeping up with the other TT threads going on but I dont think any are released yet.
That's kind of what I was getting at. Thought maybe a few showed up. I hope they didn't sucker him...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Please tell us the Dealer didn't sell you this FJ as a TT Edition. If you paid TT pricing, I'd fight back saying you were duped.

I'm a fellow NSSE owner. Either way Congrats.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Congrats! Your gonna have many yrs of fun modding and cruisin!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The sticker price was $34,789. Before I talked them down. The big paper in the window that tells you the fuel mileage and all the different packages said Trail Team Edition. I asked the dealer where are the TT badge, and he said he didn't know.

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,470 Posts
No Badge, No TTSE. That is false advertising. Maybe you can get some cash back from them.

Either way...great looking ride. You can always buy some badges and stick them on. Same difference as far as the looks go.

Did you get the 2-tone seats?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes the front and back seats center section is green, same for the door inserts. So what is the this then if its not a TT?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Upgrade package 3. Its a group of something like 51 FJs that made it to the states without all the proper TT options. Like the inclinometer, compass, & clock pod on the dash, the 110v AC in the back, rock rails, TT suspension, badging, & TT wheels pictured in the brochure (same as the 08 TT wheels). Many dealers put the wheels & tires from the 2010 TT, I believe what is on yours in the picture but its really small & hard to tell in your avatar.

Check out these threads for further clarification:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...123222-2011-fj-trails-team-just-off-boat.html

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ls/125455-few-proud-51-nsse-owners-check.html

Either way Congrats, I really like them & if you are looking to mod it most of the parts lacking would be discarded at that time anyways. I definitely would bring it up to the dealer that its not an actual TT as some of the guys here have gotten some very good deals on these for closer to 29 or 30k.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes the front and back seats center section is green, same for the door inserts. So what is the this then if its not a TT?
Wow, I'm sorry your dealer lied to you. There is no Trail Teams as Toyota screwed them all up. Your dealership straight up lied to you. It is an upgrade 3 package and if your sticker said trail teams, and your salesman said it was a Trail Teams edition, that is fraud. 35k for an upgrade 3. WOW.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the forums! Nice rig...enjoy it!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts