Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

New 34" shoes for Moab & Ouray

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  EazyMFE 
#1 ·
Off with the bling-bling 20's and on with the new 16's

I've decided to get a little more serious with tires for Moab;

315/75x16 BFG KM2 on 16x8.5 MB 72 wheels
I'm sure this set-up will do well in Moab's slabs and in Ouray's snow trails...can't wait:clap:

everyone have a safe trip:wave::bigthumb:!!!

See less See more
#6 ·
Tb1, way betta! I'll be roll'n in Fri. 7/11 afternoon with my dad and meet'n up with people staying at the La Quinta, where grabing something to eat and Sat. am meet'n up with the TT to do Moab Rim.

I think your doing the post Moab trip, ya? I was going to do that as well but pops has to be back in LA Mon.

I'll catch you at Ouray:rocker:

#10 ·
thanks! I masked it off with tape and paper then spray painted it with plastic acrylic flat black, leaving the side areas light so the lights will be seen when blinkers are on.

these are Delta Fog Lamps they could be a bit brighter...

OPPS! you said back lights, duhhh;

there, hope that helps:cheers:

#7 ·
DAmnit so the TT's are there before hand arggg! we tried to get them to come to Moab mayhem and they were busy:(

Nice man well have fun...... your rig looks freaking awesome your going to love the new meats on those slick rocks! Be safe I'll see ya in OUray:cheers:

#8 ·
Victor,

Wow! The BFG TA/KM2's look sweet!!! I put a set on my FJ, but since I'm driving it out, I had to trade them in for a set of TA/ko's. Too much road noise for us old farts!

You'll do very well with those on the trails!!!

see ya' soon!

dale

#9 ·
real nice - :bigthumb:

-

#12 ·
Now that is a nice combo.....A personal favorite for sure

Did you have to use a spacer to fit those wheels......They look alot like the ION 171's that I like but they require a spacer...

#16 ·
pending on the size...these are 315/75x16, equal to 34" in diameter and they will NOT FIT or NOT RECOMENDED on 16x7 rims...pending on what rim you're using, if they're stock and you run 285/75x16's, you will not need spacers...
if you go this big in diameter like I did, you'll need a whole lotta mods...

good luck!

#17 ·
Finally someone else has the same wheels as me, I roll them without the silver plastic middle insert on 305 Hankooks. I had the tire shop spray paint the axle and brakes black and this gave me the option to not use the silver middle insert. Your FJ looks great with the bigger tires. Sorry but I will be copying you soon with the Gobi Stealth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.