Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys thought i should show how well these work with the Gobi Stealth rack.

I didn't have many options because of my height restriction (Garage Door) and the mods i wanted to do, lift and tires (soon, cant decide on the size)
So in effort to leave my overall height only a few inches from stock, while increasing my clearance, i went with the gobi rack. I was gonna get some small driving lights but wasn't sold on the output. So after some serious research and lots of questions i decided to splurge and get what i thought would be the best fit for my application!

IMHO these might be the best part of my truck. These turn night into day!

Pictures:

Awesome Switch Mod by ruebarb:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...w-switch-plates-under-driver-s-side-vent.html

SYLVANIA UTLRASTAR HIGHBEAMS

REFLEX BAR

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Night output of light. But what I REALLY like are the switch blocks by ruebarb. For none OEM they are EXTREMELY nice.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
looks great! my dream setup!

·
Registered
190 Posts
You really should change your headlights out to the HID replacements...It's less than $75 and puts the stock lights to shame...

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
You really should change your headlights out to the HID replacements...It's less than $75 and puts the stock lights to shame...
They also have poor light distribution & cutoff and tend to blind others on the road. Only proper way to do it is with a complete HID Projector Retro-fit which in no way can you do for $75.

Solarfuel - It looks great! Glad to see it turned out so well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
They also have poor light distribution & cutoff and tend to blind others on the road. Only proper way to do it is with a complete HID Projector Retro-fit which in no way can you do for $75.

I'm not sure which kits you've seen, but the new one I got from DDR tuning in 55w with the built in reflector has an amazingly awesome light pattern...I had to adjust them downwards slightly because of my lift/tires, but I am completely satisfied with them.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts

You guys running 35 deg wide beam or 10 deg narrow beam? I have gobi stealth... Thinking wide beam but not sure if the 35 deg beam will hit cross bars.

Also how hard is electricity when replacing PIAAs? (I am an electricity dunce)

@RussLaraway

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
You guys running 35 deg wide beam or 10 deg narrow beam? I have gobi stealth... Thinking wide beam but not sure if the 35 deg beam will hit cross bars.

Also how hard is electricity when replacing PIAAs? (I am an electricity dunce)

@RussLaraway
Went 35 deg beam. Lights up the night.

Electricity super easy to replace. Used same wires, switches and even 20A fuse.

@RussLaraway

1 - 13 of 13 Posts