Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2012 FJ 4x2...

I just did LED Lights all around and HID's in the front.
I am doing the springtail cargo system in the back next month

What should I do next? What are the common mods done to these bad boys...

Help a brother out:grin

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
if you are not off-roading I would just get the front leveled. Might also get some sliders if you currently have the city slicker ones or none.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Good looking rig! Do you see any downsides to owning a 4x2? I'm in the market and they super are cheaper to their counterpart.
It depends what you want to do with it. If you are a serious off roader and rock climb, probably not. But if you just will be using it as your daily driver then it will work fine for that.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Good looking rig! Do you see any downsides to owning a 4x2? I'm in the market and they super are cheaper to their counterpart.
When I did have 4x4 vehicles, I learned that whenever I went offroad I just used the rear wheels, never required to engage the front wheels (I'm not an aggressive offroader/rock-climber).

Good tires, rear lockers keep me a long the trail. I did add a winch as cheap insurance (and it helps to pull things at the ranch).

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have a 4x2. And with the locking rear dif. I drive thru the same stuff as many of the 4x4's
Sometimes knowing how,to drive is all u need

I know,I get better gas mileage with the 2wd. And maintenance costs are less also
Just something to consider

1 - 10 of 10 Posts