Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just arrived... a 2011 Iceberg 4*4 with convenience, upgrade, and roof rack.

Pictured in its natural habitat of the suburban strip mall parking lot... I need to work on that one...

Upcoming:

Adding a towing package
Determining the best option for kayaks
Rubber Mats

Thanks to all who contribute to the forum... It was very helpful in determing what to buy, pricing, equipment, etc...

:cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Welcome aboard and to the family.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,935 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome to the fourm! The thule 45058 works well with my kayak mounts and the factory fj rack.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome from Hyattsville, MD :wave:

Very nice looking 2011, all it needs is some mud and a few mods. Your comment about kayaks caught my eye. I am looking for a fishing kayak like a Future Beach Trophy 126. Do you know anything about them?

Come over to fjbruisers.org and check us out. We are spread out over DC, MD, VA, PA, DE, WV, NC, SC, NY and NJ. We have over 100 paid up members and about 400 regestered. Our big event of the year is MUD FLING on Memorial Day weekend, this year it is in Harrisonburg VA just up the road from you.

Hope to see you on the trail.

Michael

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
hey i jsut bought the same kinda... 2011 iceberg with conv only

·
Registered
256 Posts
Greetings.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks good.. I think the wheels are growing on me...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Welcome and congratulations.

Looks great too!

:wave:

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Regarding rubber floor mats (or any floor mats for that matter): The 2011 FJs have snaps attached to the floor in the rear passenger area. These snaps attach to the 2011-specific floor mats to help keep them in place. Thus, any pre-2011 Toyota mats will not fit correctly in back. I believe the fronts are the same.

I can only assume that the aftermarket manufacturers of floor mats probably are not aware of the changes in the rear floor attachments, etc...

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome from Hyattsville, MD :wave:

Very nice looking 2011, all it needs is some mud and a few mods. Your comment about kayaks caught my eye. I am looking for a fishing kayak like a Future Beach Trophy 126. Do you know anything about them?

Come over to fjbruisers.org and check us out. We are spread out over DC, MD, VA, PA, DE, WV, NC, SC, NY and NJ. We have over 100 paid up members and about 400 regestered. Our big event of the year is MUD FLING on Memorial Day weekend, this year it is in Harrisonburg VA just up the road from you.

Hope to see you on the trail.

Michael
Don't know about the 126. I have a Tarpon 120 and have added some fishing gear to it and it works just fine. Heavy item though.

I'll look up the bruisers... thanks!

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Regarding rubber floor mats (or any floor mats for that matter): The 2011 FJs have snaps attached to the floor in the rear passenger area. These snaps attach to the 2011-specific floor mats to help keep them in place. Thus, any pre-2011 Toyota mats will not fit correctly in back. I believe the fronts are the same.

I can only assume that the aftermarket manufacturers of floor mats probably are not aware of the changes in the rear floor attachments, etc...
I assumed there was nil difference between the 2010 and 2011... this might not bode well for getting some better mats in there. Did you buy anything yet? Will Toyota sell mats or are they now gunshy? (don't blame them) Please, anyone, pipe in if you know about a mats solution here.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jestons007:
I ended up settling for the Toyota four piece carpeted mat set due to the rear mat attachment problem. I did some (not much) research as I was/am looking for all-weather mats similar to those offered by Toyota in the past.

Most of the websites I reviewed either showed nothing for 2011s or the same part number as pre-2011s. However, I purchased my 2011 about one month ago, so there may be more information about aftermarket mats at this point.

If you go to the dealer to get mats, be sure to order those for 2011s! The first set I received didn't have the attachments on the rear mats and I had to wait a few days for the correct ones.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts