Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed an All Pro roof rack which I purchased from them unpainted (which was the last one they had unpainted, they now all come powdercoated black as I understand it). Had it powercoated offwhite to match the roof close as possible. I bought it because I wanted the extra functionality of a full rack. The tie-down system is a great feature, there are 3 adjustable eyes on each side that slide on tracks. I also like the lines of the rack and how the side panels followed the contours of the roof.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
The white looks great, great ider and very original. Where did you get your head light mesh covers?>

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The white looks great, great ider and very original. Where did you get your head light mesh covers?>
Thanks for the comment.

I got them from a local 4wd shop, they are Smittybuilt Rock Guards for 97 and on Jeep Wrangler. I had to modify the attachment points but otherwise they fit real close. If you can see they fit almost exactly at the face of the bezel, then the plastic tapers in asymetrically to the light.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Looks good. :)

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
First I loved the bezel...then I loved the wheels... and now I love the rack! :bigthumb:

Give me some time and I'll have another photoshopped FJ added to my collection! :lol:

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
That looks great Sky - very cool - :cheers:

-

·
Registered
285 Posts
That looks Awesome! I thought about that too, but I was a chicken and I stuck with black. Either way it's the best rack out there! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That looks Awesome! I thought about that too, but I was a chicken and I stuck with black. Either way it's the best rack out there! :bigthumb:
I forgot to mention it in the original post, but I first had the idea after seeing Air2Air's custom antennae "garage" on top of his FJ, which he painted white. I really liked how that looked. And All Pro's rack I think lends itself more to this than most of the other ones that are just piping on the sides.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very very nice, Scott. I love the look, and the rack seems to be all that one would want in a rack and more. Congrats!! :)
Thanks Bill, we went opposite directions with our paint schemes, but the FJ's look great either way I think.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
I think it looks great, I like it matched with the white roof. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts