Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I turn to you to give recommendations on what to finish my new AllPro sliders with. I'm thinking a textured matte black paint because I know I can touch it up. LineX will get damaged and probably look like crap after it gets peeled off. Powder coat costs a few bucks and is good until you hammer it, so I think that's out. Do they have a textured black automotive paint? My buddy will probably shoot them for under $100 bucks. I don't think i'll get a good coat with the rattle cans. Post up!

·
Registered
802 Posts
I went with the bbq matte black hi temp paint after two primer coats . I thought about the bedliner stuff but read a post that someone had done that and its a real shin scraper. The allpros definatly stick out further and your leg will rub against them.With the bed liner stuff I imagine it feels like rough grit sand paper.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Powdercoated semi-gloss black (yeah, I know, sucks when they get scratches). Three 2"x12" long pieces of friction tape on each slider. They were very slippery in the rain without the tape!! My wife almost busted her a**!!!

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
That's the finish I'm looking for. Did you sand them down good first or just go at em' raw?
We didn't the first go round. I'm going to scuff them up a little & repaint before we head out to the Summit. They are pretty slippery when wet.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We didn't the first go round. I'm going to scuff them up a little & repaint before we head out to the Summit. They are pretty slippery when wet.
Yeah, Tom(Karpi71) put some non- skid tape on his for that reason. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Powdercoated semi-gloss black (yeah, I know, sucks when they get scratches). Three 2"x12" long pieces of friction tape on each slider. They were very slippery in the rain without the tape!! My wife almost busted her a**!!!
x2 that's what I did, $200 for a good powdercoat, go to Homedepot get textured tape, use rustolem to touch up.
:rocker:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts