Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed these new amber LEDs in the mirrors of my FJ. Bright and look great!!! Very minor modding required!! All due props to vierzwanzig for his inspiration and thread on these!! :cheers: I love the way these turned out!! I apologize for the cell phone pics, but they give you a good idea of the looks... :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just installed these new amber LEDs in the mirrors of my FJ. Bright and look great!!! Very minor modding required!! All due props to vierzwanzig for his inspiration and thread on these!! :cheers: I love the way these turned out!! I apologize for the cell phone pics, but they give you a good idea of the looks... :bigthumb:

did you buy one of those ebay led bulbs ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Hmm.... kinda like that, never thought about putting amber bulbs in there.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Did you guys take the mirrored, blue-tinted lens out when you did this? I pulled mine out and it made a huge difference in light output and I'm only running a basic amber 194 bulb ($0.95 for the two pack). I'm planning on going to the Oz's, but I'm in no hurry.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
thats awesome! did you put a switch in for them or are you still running them with the normal set up??

·
Registered
27 Posts
i removed the blue lens that was on the inside. I put one side together with the lens and the other without and there was a big difference, so away went the blue lens covers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you guys take the mirrored, blue-tinted lens out when you did this? I pulled mine out and it made a huge difference in light output and I'm only running a basic amber 194 bulb ($0.95 for the two pack). I'm planning on going to the Oz's, but I'm in no hurry.
Definitely took out the diffuser!! I chose the LEDs since I knew there would be a better light output. Though had I known there was that thick diffuser, I may not have run with LEDs. Glad to hear you're happy with the amber incandescents!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats awesome! did you put a switch in for them or are you still running them with the normal set up??
No switch, just running with my normal accessory lights.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Do you get high beams flashed at you often? those lights are bright. I would think that they would be right in some divers eyes?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you get high beams flashed at you often? those lights are bright. I would think that they would be right in some divers eyes?
I haven't had anyone flash me yet. I'm installing SilverStar Ultras once they get here... might get a flash or two then. :lol:

Are they simple to remove?
A bit of a pain in the a$$, but yes very simple.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I haven't had anyone flash me yet. I'm installing SilverStar Ultras once they get here... might get a flash or two then. :lol:

A bit of a pain in the a$$, but yes very simple.
Wait did you remove the whole lens? or is there a separate blue lens and another clear lens

Edit: Nevermind just re read some posts. I guess I'll have to take a look when it gets dry here

1 - 20 of 42 Posts