1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
wow. very nice

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
iforce with symbilink. i sure you you utilized that instead of the RCA inputs. the racks look good. now get started on a nice box. btw, i am the biggest zapco freak you have ever met.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used RCA, taking it step by step. Next is possibly a custom console with the subwoofers hidden inside.

I have the AVIC D3, with some MB Quart QSD 216's up front.

I wanted a sleek/factory look with minimun loss of storage capacity...

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
I used RCA, taking it step by step. Next is possibly a custom console with the subwoofers hidden inside.

I have the AVIC D3, with some MB Quart QSD 216's up front.

I wanted a sleek/factory look with minimun loss of storage capacity...
dude, symbilink is 10x better than any RCA you will ever use. definitely jump on that. also, are you using an EQ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so what do I need to convert to symbilink?

I don't have an EQ and probably wont get that far into it. I love music but I'm not an "audiophile" per se.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Those look great! Are they wrapped or painted?

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
so what do I need to convert to symbilink?

I don't have an EQ and probably wont get that far into it. I love music but I'm not an "audiophile" per se.
if you are just running a front/rear/sub off the deck, you will need a cable and transmitter to replace each RCA that is currently in the car.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Just curious...I notice you are running the lower end I-Force amplifiers. How much will converting to Symbilink actually cost? And on top of that, the people I have talked to claim it's not really all that good. Basically, it's a "stronger" RCA cable that is able to have a higher-grade signal sent through it (looks like the device it hooks up to is exactly like a line driver) but the question is...if you had a perfect RCA install with a nice sound processor\line driver, and then a symblink install with the exact same amps....can YOU hear this difference? This is one thing that is always interesting.

You hear people saying JL sounds better than Alpine, and vice-versa, but when you actually GET people to sit down and listen, the human ear can not actually tell the difference if they are both tuned right, it's all on the sheets. Zapco is good, but if you're going to go with Zapco, I would only go with the top of the line, or personally, I'd go with Audison as with what I have seen, they make better amplifiers.

The Hertz setup that my local shop has uses Audison amps (they are VERY pricey though) and my god...listen the Mille speakers...I have never heard a speaker produce such good mid-bass and crystal clear highs, then again the crossovers for the sucker are about the size of your average brick.

If you're looking for competition amps...go with SRx 5 series of Audison...there really isn't anything above that.
arguing with you would be beating a dead horse. if you cant hear the difference in slew rates or damping factors, then you shouldnt voice your opinion on what sounds better than what.

the symbilink is a better cable. higher voltage, better noise rejection, better sound at the end. you ask questions about symbilink but then voice your doubts. obviously you know nothing about it or have any experience with it.

i am extremely happy with the front setup in my car now. i go away from the active processing. i lost some of the crispness of the sound with the active setup.

audison versus zapco can go on all day, but look at who dominates the SQ lanes.

you say things like how much will this actually make a difference. every little thing makes a difference. you say nay to a few small things that you dont think makes a noticeable difference, and all of a sudden you are like, why doesnt my car sound good.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
RCA over distance is where they suffer. not the 6" pigtail off the deck.

two products of quality still have difference sonic characteristics. symbilink with zapco amplifiers (that come with transmitters) isnt very expensive at all. if you are looking at amplifiers that get up there past 3-4k for a pair, then whats the extra bucks spent on making your investment worth your while. its like buying a ferrari and throwing a POS tire on it just because it saved some bucks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they are wrapped in vinyl i believe.

I'm pretty happy with this setup and will probably leave it like this for a while. The only things I might b=do next are upgraded rear speakers and subwoofer relocation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts