Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one doesn't require electricity or hyperlinks to make it work either!! and you can hold it!!

I just saw the new Motor Trend. Not the best magazine but they feature a full article on a silver FJ. No new info really but it's nice to see it in mags now. Oh I saw that Truck Trends too that everyone was talking about. It's a yellow one in that one. Not much info.

Anyway...the pics are purdy :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
missmy60 said:
The Only New Info That I Want Is When And How Much?
Me too!!! However, I could wait a bit longer knowing I will be able to afford the damn thing. God, I just hope the price is fairly reasonable. Toyota said it was going to be affordable, but to who??

·
Registered
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Percy said:
We know from the article and the acceleration test that they were testing one that had the Upgrade Package #2 on it - it had a subwoofer and they were testing the automatic.

Let's hope the manual is cheaper and the sub is DAMN expensive. :cool:[/QUO

In that Edmunds article there was nothing listed fo base price and price as tested on the last page

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Yes, in the column on the right, it says that the price as tested was $29.5K.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Hot pics Pancho, thanks for that!

·
Registered
46 Posts
29.5? That's pretty steep. After taxes/destination charge your easily looking at 30k+ for just upgrade package 2.
How bout the TRD package? That'll be another 2500?

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is from the Edmunds review

Preliminary mileage numbers are 18/22 for the automatic 4x2, 16/19 for the 4x4 with manual transmission and 17/21 for the 4x4 automatic.

This is from the Edmunds review.
16 mpg is only 1 mpg better than the Mercedes G500, which has the worst mpg rating of any SUV. I find that a bit discouraging.
:(

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
It is discouraging, but... get the TRD Sport Tuned Exhaust, it might give you a slight jump, maybe one or two... You have to remember you are buying a badass 4x4. Consider that badass 4x4 even just one or two years ago meant under 10 miles per gallon. So, at least they are getting better. Not much, granted, but they are getting better.

Hell even 19 is going triple what I'm currently getting so, whatever. I would like to see them get mid-high 20's. It seems ridiculous that we can build a quad-core processing computer with a radiator, but we can't build a 4x4, with good mileage!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Percy said:
It is discouraging, but... get the TRD Sport Tuned Exhaust, it might give you a slight jump, maybe one or two... You have to remember you are buying a badass 4x4. Consider that badass 4x4 even just one or two years ago meant under 10 miles per gallon. So, at least they are getting better. Not much, granted, but they are getting better.

Hell even 19 is going triple what I'm currently getting so, whatever. I would like to see them get mid-high 20's. It seems ridiculous that we can build a quad-core processing computer with a radiator, but we can't build a 4x4, with good mileage!
Oh trust me...they have the technology.....

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Veggie Cruiser... nice...

·
Registered
99 Posts
nice pix............how 'bout that all-orange element?!?

·
Registered
99 Posts
is this the new halloween option package?!?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
bobbi said:
This is from the Edmunds review

Preliminary mileage numbers are 18/22 for the automatic 4x2, 16/19 for the 4x4 with manual transmission and 17/21 for the 4x4 automatic.

This is from the Edmunds review.
16 mpg is only 1 mpg better than the Mercedes G500, which has the worst mpg rating of any SUV. I find that a bit discouraging.
:(
That make little sense to me becouse historically any manual will get better MPG then automatics. Is there something I missing?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Roosterdo -

Me thinks that is cus the 6spd manual is a full time AWD set up, and the Auto is a part time 4wd set up.

More driveline drag = less mpg.

That's my best guess

1 - 20 of 21 Posts