Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Hoden

6112'S are a more robust unit 60mm shaft 2.6" shock body and they come with 600lb Eibach springs. you could also run 5100'S in the back and save some money.

5100"s will be very similar to the Bilsteins that were on your TT when you bought it but they are height adjustable. for what you are doing with your FJ the 5100's with new eibach springs would work very well. as far as the back goes i would just put new shocks 5100'S and try the stock spring. if you want to lift it then i would replace the rear springs.
the new springs in the front will help with the brake dive. i think they still make the 620lb for the 5100"s you can call Toy Tec and see what is available.
Thanks for the input. So much info out there/on forum, its kind of confusing...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Which set up would you recommend for primarily road use but with a few miles here & there on logging roads? And, with 92,000+ miles, would you recommend replacing front & rear springs, too? Thanks.

Save your money and get 5100s all around with new OEM springs and set to second notch. The handling change alone is worth in gold, driving in hills is a big pleasure.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts