Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been using this website to look up some tricks and tips and have read it for a while but I haven't really introduced myself. I have an '07 Black Cherry FJ. So far I've done a few things to it including: 2.5" spacers, blacked out the stock wheels, super 44 off-road edition flowmaster, K&N air filter, and 33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.

My spacer kit is temporary until I can afford a full 6" suspension lift. I'm also interested in doing the A-Trac switch mod since its so easy.

I had one question about if I get a 6" lift would I have to get new wheels/tires?

Also if you have any questions about anything I have, don't be afraid to ask! I'll include a picture of my FJ below.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard! You have chosen the best color! No need for new tires/wheels with the 6" lift. How do you like the flowmaster on your FJ? Been thinking about what exhaust system to go with.

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
welcome....as for having to switch wheels and tires with a 6" lift, you dont HAVE to, but your tires and wheels will look real small...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, and the I like the flowmaster, it's not too loud but definitely adds a nice growl when you hit the gas. As with the wheel/tire issue i would like to keep my new tires till they wear since they are new but i didnt want for my COG to be too high and make the fj want to roll on turns...

Also, Tyree, I now go to school at MTSU and have been wanting to wheel with some other FJ's around nashville sometime!

·
Premium Member
17,001 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

·
Registered
525 Posts
welcome....you picked the best of the best.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Congrats on the rig and welcome to the gang.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
I don't think you have much to worry about with the 6" lift causing more of a roll-over risk (as long as you drive safely), but it sure might look a bit odd with only having 33" tires.

I even almost wish I had waited for new tires till after our 3" lift (may have gone larger than 33" tires), but it just didn't work like that in our case....gotta do things when ya can sometimes.

welcome :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts