Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New bumper end cap replacements (finally)

After a long wait for something I could live with, I made my own.

They're aluminum diamond plate, powder coated.

I like the red best and that's what I'm keeping,
but here's pictures in a couple of different colors.

Click picture for a bigger image...

Red:

Unfinished:

Black:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice Job man! Sorry I couldn't get my design finished up sooner, these have an odd profile as you well know.

Yours look great!
Thanks.

Not a problem. I told you, no pressure, and meant it. I think I'd still like yours better. Let me know if you ever want to proto them, I'd still like them.

That cutout is a major PITA! Was probably easier for me, just kept going back to the grinder till I was happy with the fit.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Thanks.

Not a problem. I told you, no pressure, and meant it. I think I'd still like yours better. Let me know if you ever want to proto them, I'd still like them.

That cutout is a major PITA! Was probably easier for me, just kept going back to the grinder till I was happy with the fit.
I'm still working on them... I think this is revision 4. :scared:

I really like the red. Gives your bumper much more character.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still working on them... I think this is revision 4. :scared:

I really like the red. Gives your bumper much more character.
I like the red alot too. Trying to keep it my color for everything without overstating it. My SO is my barometer. As long as she likes it I think I'm ok.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like those, just not sure about the red. Great Job!!
I wasn't sure either till I got them on.

My powder coat guy is a friend of mine. He does all his Porsche parts as he works on them in all kinds of colors. It's a track car. His feeling is if you're using the car/truck for what it was designed for, the more outrageous the colors the better. I don't think I agree completely. He keeps pusing lime green on me. :eek:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I wasn't sure either till I got them on.

My powder coat guy is a friend of mine. He does all his Porsche parts as he works on them in all kinds of colors. It's a track car. His feeling is if you're using the car/truck for what it was designed for, the more outrageous the colors the better. I don't think I agree completely. He keeps pusing lime green on me. :eek:
Lime green? We would disown you and I believe that would earn a ban for life. :rocket:

haha

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Thats pertty ! :( Can you do a darker green on your siver fj ? I have been trying to figure out a secondery color for mine, think yoda.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Those turned out nice.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I don't know about that, still like the red...
Your right the red looks better. I think i'll stick with a dark silver or gun metal, i was looking for a color that would pop and match the silver.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your right the red looks better. I think i'll stick with a dark silver or gun metal, i was looking for a color that would pop and match the silver.
Before I decided on the red for sure, I stuck the bare aluminum in place and took a look. I wasn't sure which I'd go with and the bare aluminum is close to the TS, just a bit shinier. I didn't like it enough to not go with the red.

I'll Photoshop a couple of colors and post up anything I think looks good.

Of course, I'm no artist. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts