Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm Irish living in the Middle East. I'm due to get my new FJ next week. Is a base model, Gulf spec. So its not got the chrome accessory pack, body styling stuff, Bluetooth, reversing camera, side reversing sensors or locking diff.

It is however a 4x4, grey with white roof - which my younger brother thinks looks like a Converse runner.

I'll take it off road & camping, but will probably avoid hard core stuff like dune bashing...

Looking forward to getting your advice while I'm here. The dealer is gonna do tinted windows & rust proofing for me. The legal limit for tinting is 30% here, will this be enough? Do I need 25%? The fines are big apparently, although rarely enforced.

Best | Bluefoam

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Howdy, and congrats!

Tinting has always been a personal preference for me--and has changed with the type of vehicle I drive and stage of life. I've just stayed stock for now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy, and congrats!

Tinting has always been a personal preference for me--and has changed with the type of vehicle I drive and stage of life. I've just stayed stock for now.
Thanks YoseFJ, I'll probably stay with the legal tint

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new fj. I have no intension on dune bashing either-camping and pulling my boat.:cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,931 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome!!

BTW, better off no going chrome....anything... :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Welcome, we can always use another MIC around here. (not sure if the C part works for you) :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Welcome! The wait feels longer thinking about the FJ. Try not think about it until it arrives next week. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its getting close. I'll have the FJ in a few days. My upgrades will happen over time. I'm not planning to go mad off road, but as I said, I'll be taking it into the desert camping and to the beach with some fun but not OTT dune bashing...

My initial intention is to add a light bar onto the roof, speed stripes to the bonnet & knobbly tires.

What order should I work in? I believe that these three things will give the car a certain look, but it will look odd if not done together... Will the car need a lift to accept the bigger tyres? will all this effect road handling?

Later on I will come up with a further list of enhancements that is a bit more focused, but I want to live with the FJ for a while first.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts