• Undecided

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we are getting closer to release people seem to be settling on a color choice. Let's see what the roads are going to look like once the FJ arrives.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
I think I'm settled on blue. Or is it silver? :) Well it's definitely down to those two.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'm still going Atomic Tang but I think Toyota Corp., Gulf States Toyota, and the local dealerships will have as much of a say in what color I get as I do. If it's well into April and the only thing I have a chance to get my hands on is a Silver Bullet or Bay Watch Blue, well then it just may come to that. I won't buy a Barney Magenta anything and I don't think I could live with a Black Beauty either. In the end it might be my oldest daughter, the Steeler fan, that decides whether to wait on the yeller feller.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Pancho said:
I'm still going Atomic Tang but I think Toyota Corp., Gulf States Toyota, and the local dealerships will have as much of a say in what color I get as I do. If it's well into April and the only thing I have a chance to get my hands on is a Silver Bullet or Bay Watch Blue, well then it just may come to that. I won't buy a Barney Magenta anything and I don't think I could live with a Black Beauty either. In the end it might be my oldest daughter, the Steeler fan, that decides whether to wait on the yeller feller.

they should have given you the job of naming the colors! :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm stickin with the black. Although the white roof makes it look like a Super Trooper Cruiser, the roofrack will help. And if I get tired of it Ill find a place to paint it black. It wont cost too much to paint and match one body piece to new, unfaded black paint. Black roof, black body, black wheels, black interior....and skinny white boy!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Jumper said:
Black roof, black body, black wheels, ...
It'll also be white dents, white scratches and beige dust and so on...
I had a dark blue Blazer once, it looked great while new, but not for long :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
thats true. you cant see any scratches on my silver truck so I havnt thought about it in a while. Ive had my heart set on black though so I think Ill still take my chances. Ill have to keep some black touch-up in the glove box.
Uh-oh better get Maco!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I hope everyone understands that Toyota doesn't let you order per say. They will let you say "This is my ideal FJ" and they will try and match it as close as possible. If you are 4th on a list but the 3 people ahead of you want a different color you may get your's first. By the same token, if you are first you may end up getting one after a couple other people. My point is, if your flexible with your color selections you have a better shot of getting one early. If your not, like me, then you may have to wait.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Didn't someone post percentages of production by color a while back? I can't find anything using search. I searched on TRD yesterday and it didn't find anything. Does jaycekool need to do some indexing or something? Anyway, I agree with Granger, if you want a low production color, say yellow, along with a low production build configuration, say stripped manual, you're going to have to be...... The Antidesperado. You'll make Paris proud.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I saw a digital of a different green one (almost a lime green and I loved it)
What do they call that color (not sema green).

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Imaginary green...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I like black, but it just doesn't stay nice for that long. And being the kind of person who agonizes over every little ding and scratch, I think I'm gonna go with the blue. Even though most people in my family completely hate the color.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
That just means they won't drive it then, right? WIN, WIN!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I do like the blue...

Stickin' with Yellow though... unless they throw in a free arb front end.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Good luck with that Percy. I'd be lucky if they don't throw me..out the door..when I try to persuade them to give me a better rate.

·
Registered
49 Posts
does anyone know what colors will be available on the FJ's? I've seen several lists with different color names. Are some of the photos photoshopped with imaginary colors?

Also, l didn't see air conditioning listed as standard or optional equipment.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hahah, there's more photoshopped colors than real ones Doberman, and the real one include Barney Magenta, Atomic Yellow, Blazin Blue, Charcoal Black, and uh..silver. There ya go. If ya want some cool imaginary color that doesn't exist, ask Roosterdo, he is good at that. He made me a t-shirt with my sun fusion FJ. =)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts