Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sun Performance is releasing their new line of compressors, the QuickAir X, which is due to release in April. These compressors will be of higher quality and faster than their previous QuickAir's. We currently have two models available and come in a hardmount or portable version:

QuickAir X 1500
- 12-Volt
- Permanent Magnetic Motor
- Amp Draw: 20 Amps
- Duty Cycle: 100% @ 100 PSI
- Max Working Pressure: 150 PSI
- Min. Ambient Temperature: -40 degrees F
- Max. Ambient Temperature: 160.6 degrees F
- Dimensions: 257L x 100W x 163H
- Net Weight: 7.72 lbs.
- Time to fill 2.5 Gallon Tank: 0-100 psi - 2 min 30 sec.

QuickAir X 2000
- 12-Volt
- Permanent Magnetic Motor
- Amp Draw: 22 Amps
- Duty Cycle: 100% @ 100 PSI
- Max Working Pressure: 200 PSI
- Min. Ambient Temperature: -40 degrees F
- Max. Ambient Temperature: 142.2 degrees F
- Dimensions: 288.5L x 100W x 163H
- Net Weight: 9.26 lbs.
- Time to fill 5 Gallon Tank: 0-200 psi - 11 min 15 sec.

PM for more information!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any news? availability and pricing? Would love to swing by and check it out...
Pricing is still in the talks, but we will be getting the shipment in mid-April, possibly sometime between the 15th-20th. I will keep you all updated.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Just a quick update. I received an early shipment of the Quick Air X-1500 and Quick Air X-2000 compressors today from Sun Performance to try out in our FJ build at Star Toyota and review/report on their performance. Here's what I've found so far:
Customer Service and Communication with Sun Performance was (and is) outstanding.
Quality of build on both units looks top notch and both are fairly compact. I wouldn't mind mounting them in plain sight as they look THAT good.
Their carry bags are made of durable nylon and offer lots of storage space.
The coiled yellow tire hose comes with an easily readable pressure gauge and worked well on the Land Cruiser I tested it on in the showroom.
I'll post more this week once I hard mount one unit to the FJ and connect it to an air tank.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I kept the 1500 portable to show other drivers how it looks and works. I mounted the model 2000 INSIDE the rear passenger compartment in the rear of the FJ behind the factory panels. I tapped power from the factory power inverter's 12v supply, fused it and connected it to the compressor. I mounted the compressor to the inside wheel well "hump" with 4 stainless steel bolts and two spacers. The spacers were used on the outer screws as the wheel well hump drops off lower there and I wanted the compressor level.
I passed the hose through a hole drilled into the inside right compartment. I didn't have time to take pics of the actual install but you'll get the point from the pics below.
The compressors both worked FLAWLESSLY and were used extensively this weekend at Rausch Creek. They worked in the rain, in the sun and took a bit of banging around during the trail runs and came out "none the worse for wear". I would recommend Sun Performance's compressors to anyone wanting a quality on board air system. this week I'll be installing a separate air tank they also sent and let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on pricing:

QuickAir X1500
MSRP: $250.00

QuickAir X1500SE
MSRP: $380.00

QuickAir X2000
MSRP: $270.00

QuickAir X2000SE
MSRP: $410.00

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
6 Month update:

Compressor has performed flawlessly. I use it regularily when airing down/up going on the beaches here on Long Island and although I run it for extended periods for refilling all four tires, it has never given me a problem. So far so good on this unit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
6 Month update:

Compressor has performed flawlessly. I use it regularily when airing down/up going on the beaches here on Long Island and although I run it for extended periods for refilling all four tires, it has never given me a problem. So far so good on this unit.
I'm glad you like it.

For those in New York, stop by Star Toyota and check out the QuickAir X on the FJ.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts