Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!!!

I have a "factory second" Expedition One front base bumper with the built in winch mount. The reason this is a "factory second" is mostly cosmetic. The 6 outer mounting holes had to be drilled bigger (they were barely off) and the light rings dont have the proper mounts (I've gone ahead and had my friend weld thick washers to the light buckets so you'll be able to mount lights), other than those 2 items, this is structurally fine and ready to go.

It has been primered with a self-etching primer and painted with the Rustoleum textured black finish (looks like the production powder-coat Expedition One uses, just not as durable... but easily touched up). There were a few pinholes in the seams when my friend (not Expedition one) welded this bumper, so I used a tiny bit of body filler to fill the pinholes. If you decide to powdercoat this bumper down the road, the blasting might remove this filler and you may have to replace it with a product like JB Weld which can be powdercoated.

If you want to mount a winch on this bumper, you'll need to purchase the following parts from Expedition One:
1- Fairlead Reinforcement Bracket
2- Frame Reinforcement Brackets

I also don't have any mounting hardware (look up Expedition One's YouTube video installation to get an idea of what is needed). The bumper also should have a skid plate installed, these are available from Expedition One as well.

The bumper is located in Bountiful, Utah 84010. In the picture with the silver FJ, that is not the actual bumper, it is a pic off Expedition One's website of the same style (Base) bumper. There is no winch, fairlead or lights on the bumper I'm selling.

Thanks.

SOLD!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Re: New Expedition One Front Base Winch Bumper

nevermind, didnt hear back in time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: New Expedition One Front Base Winch Bumper - Utah - $400

Is all of the mounting hardware included?

Thanks
No, the mounting hardware is not included. If you look up Expedition One and check out their YouTube video installation, you can get a pretty good idea of what you would need.

I've had a few requests for shipping, at this point I'm really hoping to find a local buyer. I have a couple people in line if I decide to ship the bumpers (I'm guessing around $150 for shipping, but haven't honestly gotten a quote to be sure).

Besides being easier, I'd like someone to be able to see this bumper in person before they buy it. Like I said earlier, it's not perfect and I'd hate to ship it off and have someone upset and go trash the manufacturer.

*Note to any potential buyer who might want to powdercoat this bumper down the road... I used some body filler on this bumper to fill in a few pinholes in the welds on the seams (welding was done by a friend, not Expedition One), so if you were to blast it, you might have to put some JB Weld in these spots (small enough holes that the powdercoat would most likely fill them in so it may not even be an issue).

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: New Expedition One Front Base Winch Bumper

Bump....

I'm going to give this another few days as a "local only" sale and then I'll start getting quotes on shipping if people are still interested.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts